5 Posts

Gears of War: The Board Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: exploring and doors rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Russell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
A friend and I played 'China shop' mission last night - it was the first time we'd played a multi-level mission.

Just wanted to check the rules on doors and exploring.

My understanding is that when you get to an area with a door, it can be explored for zero cost. The level behind that door is then created and populated and the turn continues as normal.

I was slightly confused by the end game of China Shop. We got to the door at the end of level 2 before the Berserker did... as a result, we explored and opened up the large outside area with the Hammer of Dawn.

We retrieved the Hammer of Dawn before the Berserker had made it to the door of level 2.

When the Berserker did get to that point, we flipped the card which then instructed us to explore the final level of the game... but we had already done this. I'm assuming we had played this correctly.

Also - I'm assuming that previous level explored locations with spawn points stay in the game and are not cleared away. Any enemies that remain in those locations stay there and are activated by AI cards as normal.

If we run out of tokens for spawn points, I'm assuming that this has no impact... and we just use something else to mark them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a terrific mission. However...

In "China Shop", only the Berserker can open the door to the next level. You've got to be sure she is lured into the exit space, and she'll smash it open for you. Makes the game a bit more challenging...
TK
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, reading those special rules for the mission is very important.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
ahhhh...

we must've missed that. I didn't see anything in the mission set up that suggested only the Berserker could open the door.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
realised last night that I missed the 'locked door' icon on the mission card... doh! That would've made a huge difference.

Oh well - that's an excuse for us to play that one again as soon as possible!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.