United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've upgraded my copy with the 5th player set and all he wooden bits, just need the metal coins now!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
It's a fearful thing, to fall into the Hands of the Living God!
badge
Tell me, have you found the Yellow Sign?
mbmbmbmbmb
...sorry, but what metal coins??

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Linköping
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dumon wrote:

Deluxe Edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
andrewbwm wrote:
Dumon wrote:

Deluxe Edition

Yep those ones

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
...ah, those.
They were part of the TMG campaign, then, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess so

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. R.
Germany
Mainz
Rheinland-Pfalz
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Then fingers crossed they will become available, somewhere. I'd love to get my hands on those, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Web
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TMG said that they would never reproduce them unfortunately. I don't think there will be anywhere to get them except second hand from someone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Van Zandt
United States
South Ogden
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
PlayTMG.com
mbmbmbmbmb
danweb wrote:
TMG said that they would never reproduce them unfortunately. I don't think there will be anywhere to get them except second hand from someone

Dan Web is correct, TMG only manufactured them once. There are other metal coins- such as those in Colosseum, or Campaign Coins, which could make decent substitutes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Singleton
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The coins from Scythe would work well I think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon Lewer
Canada
flag msg tools
I too have been getting into replacing cardboard coins with metal ones. What I did with Orleans is to visit coin shops and buy outdated actual French coins. Their francs are really nice for 2f,10f and 20f. The one franc coin will do. But using old currency lends some authenticity and heft to the money....and its kind of fun to dig through coin stores supplies.
And it is usually cheaper. Most of my coins were from the five or six for a dollar bin!
Look at British coins, French coins and Italian coins.....easier to find now that the Euro replaced them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Doe
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
I missed the Deluxe KS so I made the wooden "workers" myself. For metal coins, after much research, I found "The Best Damn Gaming Coins Ever... TWO" from Artana. Not the cheapest, but good quality and fairly priced, imo. Huge selection. Says "pre-order" but the I think they are now just selling any extra sets they have from the campaign.

https://best-damn-coins-2.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Anderson
United States
Elk Grove Village
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just looked those over and noticed that I have about 15 of the Renaissance medium coins. Got them from eBay earlier this year. I bought the coin set from Viticulture (1's, 2's, 5's) and use those for 10's.
I use these coins whenever I can in games where they'll fill in fine.
Orleans, Marco Polo, Russian Railroads as a sort of "generic" set.
I'm spoiled now and will use the metal whenever I can. I will even bring them out to use with other gamers if they don't mind.
It could get pricey but one decent set that you use with multiple games is a nice start. You'll be glad you did.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Compton
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've just pimped my copy of the DLP game with a set of scythe coins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I purchased a batch of Empires: Age of Discovery metal coins to use with my DLP version of Orleans. It only has silver and gold which I will use as 1 and 5 value coins. The set comes with 50 of each coin and they have that old medieval look and are not perfectly round. Hopefully they work out well for me when they arrive.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
robertcompton wrote:
I've just pimped my copy of the DLP game with a set of scythe coins.

Is there the right number and denominations? I'm going to end up with a spare set

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren
Canada
Calgary
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Here is my chains of thoughts of what I did when I went searching for metals coins for my DLP version of Orleans about 4 months ago...

Heads up, my play group plays with unlimited money so I was just concerned with getting at least $252 or more worth of metal coins.

When I first started looking a round for metal coins to pimp my Orleans up, I thought the medieval set from the Kickstarter "The Best Damn Gaming Coins Ever...TWO!" were the best looking and fitting for the time period Orleans was set in. The problem was the cost of buying them - way out of my budget.

I then looked around and found a few coin sets made for other games like Brass and Scythe but I didn't personally think the look of the money matched the time period Orleans was played in. Pricing for the Brass coins was $24 CAN (good!) and Scythe coins $40 CAN (Ouch! There goes my budget again).

I then stumbled upon the coins for Glenn Drover's Empires: Age of Discovery and felt they had a great look for the time period of Orleans (personal opinion). They cost $24 CAN and had 50 silver pieces and 50 gold pieces. I felt the silver could be the $1 values and the gold $5 values. In total, there would be $300 worth of coins compared to the Orleans Deluxe version which had $252 worth (22x$1, 12x$5, and 17x$10). Sure I was missing the $10 denominations but over all there was more than enough coins to play a 5 player game and missing 1 denomination would not affect the game play. The price was also great and I liked the look of the coins.

That said, the Orleans Deluxe version coins do look very similar to the Brass and Scythe coins (they have actual numbers on them) for those who are trying to pimp their version as close to the Deluxe version as possible, they may be a suitable replacement. Either way, having any metal coins while playing Orleans is just gravy!

Together with the wooden men of the DLP Fan Kit, I'm more than happy with my setup - even more so than if I had the TMG Deluxe version (I'm not keen on the different shaped wooden goods...). Maybe one day I'll make a batch of wooden tokens with the goods icons glued onto them to replace the cardboard chits but for now, I'm just peachy. Pimp-age complete!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.