Subject: DoomTrooper vs Dark Legion pledge. Content rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's keep on track what is in each of the pledges at every time so everybody can see it easier.
And it is very nice to see how the content is getting bigger and bigger, I'm quite sure that with every new SG, the Dark Legion pledge will be getting better and better.
In bold the content which is in the DL Pledge and not in the DT pledge.

HEROES: 18 / 36
3 x Cybertronic Characters
3 x Mishima Characters
3 x Capitol Characters
3 x Bauhaus Characters
3 x Imperial Characters
1 x Chibi Edward Murdock miniature (+ rules for play in Super Dungeon Explorer)
1 x Bloodberet McBride. Kickstarter Exclusive miniature.
3 x Brotherhood Characters
3 x Luna City Characters
1 x Reinforcement Cybertronic Character
1 x Reinforcement Mishima Character
1 x Reinforcement Imperial Character
1 x Reinforcement Bauhaus Character
1 x Reinforcement Capitol Character
1 x Reinforcement Brotherhood Character
1 x Reinforcement Luna City Character
4 x Whitestar Faction Characters
1 x Brotherhood seeker Indigo

1 x Pride, Mitch Hunter's dog. Kickstarter Exclusive miniature. *

(* Pride miniature doesn't count as ha hero, but it came with some cool rules to use him in the game. Maybe he'll be on a Doomtrooper card, or a Mission Objective! It is in both pledges.)

DARK LEGION CREATURES: 30 / 86
1 x Nepharite
2 x Praetorian Stalker
2 x Razide
12 x Legionnaire
9 x Necromutant
3 x Centurion
1 x Ezoghoul
1 x Nepharite Valpurgius
1 x Praetorian Behemoth
1 x Harbinger of the Void
2 x Brass Apocalypts
2 x Curators 
4 x Callistonian Intruders
6 x Algeroth Malignants 
1 x Von Holle Villain
1 x Zenithian Soulslayer (a big creature!)
2 x Ilian Templars
4 x Twisted Marionette
6 x Heretics
2 x Metropolitan Prophet
1 x Mercurian Macolater
3 x Tekrons
2 x Defiled Avatars
1 x Algeroth the Dark Apostle, with deck of power cards (Apostles expansion)
1 x Ilian, with deck of power cards (Apostles expansion)
1 x Semai, with deck of power cards (Apostles expansion)
1 x Demnogonis, with deck of power cards (Apostles expansion)
1 x Muawihje, with deck of power cards (Apostles expansion)
5 x Malignants
3 x Castigators
1 x Golgotha with deck of power cards
1 x Karak the Keeper
2 x Defense Turrets

OTHER CONTENT:
15 x Coloured clip-on bases (2 each colour)
7 x Double-sided Board Tiles
4 x Tokens & Board overlays
Plastic insert Stairwell + Tile
12 x Attack dice
6 x Standing doors
6 x Standing portals
5 x Player tray
162 cards (characters, faction, rank, equipment, secondary missions, force, event, momentum)
1 x Rulebook
1 x Mission book with a 10 mission campaign
8 x DoomTrooper cards
8 x Dark Legion Force cards
8 x Dark Legion Event cards
8 x Secondary Mission cards
5 x Equipment Cards
1 x Novella by Anders Fager in PDF following the story of Sean D'Armatto.
3 x Extra Player tray
1 x extra set of cards for new Characters for Brotherhood faction, power and Rank cards
1 x extra set of cards for new Characters for Luna PD, power and Rank cards
2 x sheets of counters including new traps, portals and defences for the Cathedral and assorted markers 
13 x Double-sided Board Tiles
1 x Extra set of Equipment, Secondary Missions, Force Cards, Event Card, & DoomTrooper Cards
1 x Rulebook for the Brotherhood expanion
1 x Mission book with a 10 mission campaign
1 x Double size Stairwell tile
1 x Double size Throne Room tile (one side is the Throne the other the Stairwell)
1 x 3 Part mini-campaign (by Kevin Wilson)
1 x 3 Part mini-campaign (by Eric M. Lang)
2 x Double-sided Board Tiles for use in the Designer's campaigns.
1 x 3 Part mini-campaign for use the double tiles.
1 x Citadel walls
9 x Coloured clip-on bases (2 each colour)
4 x Double-sided Tiles of the rotten underbelly of Luna City
1 x Rulebook for the Luna City expansion
4 x double-sided connecting tiles
1 x Extra set of cards for new Characters for Whitestar faction, power and Rank cards
1 x Cartel Campaign Book with other 10 missions for use with all the expansions (PDF)

TOTAL:
Miniatures 48 / 122
Cards: 199 / ~300
Campaigns: 1 (10 missions) / 4 Campaigns (10 missions each) + 3 Mini-Campaigns (3 missions each)
Missions: 10 / 39
Tiles: 7 Double side + Stairwell / 26 Double side + Stairwell + 1 Double side and double size tile + 4 double-sided connecting tiles

Edit: update!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let me now if I'm missing something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me the deal breaker are:
- More minis
- 3 times more game live with 19 new missions in 4 campaigns.

If the base game let's say is played the whole campaign in 15 hours (just an example, I have no idea how long it would take each mission), the DL pledge would give you around 45 hours without repeating any mission. O_O
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea Luciano
msg tools
mb
The DL pledge worth it. But the better is : it's just the beginning !
Modiphius teased some more expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Egbert
United States
Woodbury
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It is a lot easier to see what is included in both pledges with the list above. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Warfield
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Mannnn that DL Pledge is so tempting. Doing the Trooper Pledge for now
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Dark Legion pledge adds a bunch of stuff. No argument. But it still feels as though they charged +116% more money for about +70% more stuff.

I realize that they say that a lot more stuff will be added in at some point ... but it's not there yet, and frankly the rate at which they are getting new pledges is not comforting. So I'm sticking with the base pledge for now, and will watch the stretch goals to see if the Dark Legion pledge reaches the right SCR (stuff-to-cost ratio). Hopefully it does, but the movement is currently very slow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Holweck
msg tools
Next expansion (not revealed yet) will start getting added as stretch goals at 200k, with possibly another one to come after that if there's time (ie if the pledges run high enough). With two expansions added, the DL pledge will be much more interesting, and if we get to the third one, it will be huge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
merlinpinpin wrote:
Next expansion (not revealed yet) will start getting added as stretch goals at 200k, with possibly another one to come after that if there's time (ie if the pledges run high enough). With two expansions added, the DL pledge will be much more interesting, and if we get to the third one, it will be huge.
That's interesting, what's the provenance of this information?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mccrispy wrote:
merlinpinpin wrote:

They said that in the update #24:
Quote:
When we get to $200,000 we have a special announcement of another major expansion so help us get there!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/274643038/siege-of-the-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Holweck
msg tools
Also, more info at the start of update #25: "Another awesome days as we cruise through those stretch goals towards the big $200k! What's waiting there? Well maybe this weekend will tell but as you know it's a big new expansion and we can let you know that we'll start unlocking it in parts from $215k onwards starting with the Dark Legion creatures!"

As for having at least another expansion waiting after that one, Mödiphius have mentioned this several times in the comments, saying that they had other expansions (plural) planned after the Brotherhood one, and that they were hoping to add them during this KS. Looks like they'll be doing one at least, and there's room for one more after that, considering how many days are left and how they're unlocking those (if the first one is any indication as to the kind of 'total gap' we can expect for the expansion, ie probably 6 or 8 5k stretch goals). Also, having two more expansion would bring the total player count to 8, ie much more 'logical' than 7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keiwa wrote:
mccrispy wrote:
merlinpinpin wrote:

They said that in the update #24:
Quote:
When we get to $200,000 we have a special announcement of another major expansion so help us get there!

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
merlinpinpin wrote:
Also, more info at the start of update #25: "Another awesome days as we cruise through those stretch goals towards the big $200k! What's waiting there? Well maybe this weekend will tell but as you know it's a big new expansion and we can let you know that we'll start unlocking it in parts from $215k onwards starting with the Dark Legion creatures!"

As for having at least another expansion waiting after that one, Mödiphius have mentioned this several times in the comments, saying that they had other expansions (plural) planned after the Brotherhood one, and that they were hoping to add them during this KS. Looks like they'll be doing one at least, and there's room for one more after that, considering how many days are left and how they're unlocking those (if the first one is any indication as to the kind of 'total gap' we can expect for the expansion, ie probably 6 or 8 5k stretch goals). Also, having two more expansion would bring the total player count to 8, ie much more 'logical' than 7.
Ugh! I dislike Modiphius' practice of releasing expansions over several stretch goals. Sure, it hasn't backfired on the backers yet, but it's one of those practices makes me uncomfortable with their projects and will make sure that I hold off until "the final 48"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Holweck
msg tools
mccrispy wrote:
merlinpinpin wrote:

Ugh! I dislike Modiphius' practice of releasing expansions over several stretch goals. Sure, it hasn't backfired on the backers yet, but it's one of those practices makes me uncomfortable with their projects and will make sure that I hold off until "the final 48"

Others do that, too, and these are often what adds the most value to a pledge. For example, CMON did in with The Others (Beta Team, Omega Team, 5 different Sins, that's *seven* expansions/add-ons released as stretch goals), Arcadia Quest Inferno (Whole Lotta Lava), Blood Rage (Gods & Shamans expansions), etc.

Plus, in this case, they're starting from far enough that unlocking everything won't be a problem (they probably want to avoid the big gap that they had for the Brotherhood expansion). Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole expansion was unlocked for the DL pledge as soon as the first stretch goal is revealed. We'll see.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matti Jr
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I think the current estimated value is either just shy of $200 or has broken $200 with the announcement of Mitch Hunter's dog being added and having special rules for how to play him. I was worried too about how much the Dark Legion pledge was costing compared to the value I was getting, but I'm happy with getting an expansion, a 6th team, a tech character added to every team, and some new tiles. If the new announcement is another expansion similar to the Brotherhood expansion, that is going to push the estimated value over $250.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow! What a new Expansion!

Luna City Expansionis here now and it came with a tons of new content.
If there was no more expansions and the (only IF) only unlocked content until the end were only to finalize the current packages we would have in the DL Pledge, 30 Heroes miniatures (one is chibi and one is Pride, the dog), 61 Dark Legion monsters.
Four times more game play time than in the DT pledge, 12 more tiles, 2 players more can play for a total of 7, plus cards, walls, etc...

The good part is that this is only with the IF xD So I'm sure it will keep growing and growing.

Right now the current value of the DL pledge is $248.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Holweck
msg tools
merlinpinpin wrote:
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole expansion was unlocked for the DL pledge as soon as the first stretch goal is revealed. We'll see.

There you go, expansion unlocked all at once. Now, the only real question left is: "Will this rise high enough to unlock expansion #3?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
merlinpinpin wrote:
merlinpinpin wrote:
Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the whole expansion was unlocked for the DL pledge as soon as the first stretch goal is revealed. We'll see.

There you go, expansion unlocked all at once. Now, the only real question left is: "Will this rise high enough to unlock expansion #3?"

If all the people with a DT pledge raise their pledges to DL we can have a change.
Now more than never it makes completely sense to change the pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keiwa wrote:
merlinpinpin wrote:
merlinpinpin wrote:

If all the people with a DT pledge raise their pledges to DL we can have a change.
Unless you don't think that you'll get the benefit of umpteen gazillion expansions, or you're happy to just dip your toes in the water and pay retail for expansions if you want them later, or... well, an extra $80 dude (that's a whole new project supported right there).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Birch
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Unlocking the expansion bit by bit means each set of figures can immediately become an Add On for backers wanting those specific figures (or more of them) which then helps unlock more of the goals. Plus it keeps it exciting and visual. Dark Legion Backers get it anyway so there's no risk it won't be unlocked and once we get nearer $275k (when the expansion is fully unlocked) we will then unveil the next series of goals

We're also trying to avoid just another set of monsters and locations for the same rules, each of the expansions is adding more rules to expand the experience - new challenges for experienced players, more players (we're up to 7 players now) and new card decks to support it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoystickJunkies wrote:
Unlocking the expansion bit by bit means each set of figures can immediately become an Add On for backers wanting those specific figures (or more of them) which then helps unlock more of the goals. Plus it keeps it exciting and visual. Dark Legion Backers get it anyway so there's no risk it won't be unlocked and once we get nearer $275k (when the expansion is fully unlocked) we will then unveil the next series of goals

We're also trying to avoid just another set of monsters and locations for the same rules, each of the expansions is adding more rules to expand the experience - new challenges for experienced players, more players (we're up to 7 players now) and new card decks to support it.

Hi Chris, could you tell us how many cards are in each of the two expansions reveled?
Also, would you add the SG for the reinforcement pack in the middle of the Luna Expansion SG or after?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Becq Starforged
United States
Cerritos
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Keiwa wrote:

There's 155 Doomtrooper pledges. If *all* of them bump their pledge up to Dark Legion, that would add $12,400 to the total, which may not be enough to reveal another expansion. What the campaign needs is to tempt the $1 and $6 backers, as well as the "remind me" folk. If it can do that, then the stretch goals will start building up much faster.

mccrispy wrote:
Unless you don't think that you'll get the benefit of umpteen gazillion expansions, or you're happy to just dip your toes in the water and pay retail for expansions if you want them later, or... well, an extra $80 dude (that's a whole new project supported right there).

An extra $80 for two expansions plus additional extras is fair, especially given that if you *don't* have an interest in the expansions, you can buy the base game without them. I think the Luna expansion pushed the Dark Legion pledge into the black. It's perhaps not an earth-shattering deal, but it's a good deal -- assuming you want the expansions, of course.

Why they didn't start the campaign with the base game for $69 and the base game plus two expansions for $149 (which the other planned stuff remaining as stretch goals) is frankly mysterious to me, given that they planned on doing that from the beginning. It would have made a lot more people who looked over the campaign early on a lot more interested in backing. As it is, some of those people may well have decided to pass and not return -- though with luck, most of them toggled the reminder and will be back in the last 48 hours.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Becq wrote:
mccrispy wrote:

An extra $80 for two expansions plus additional extras is fair, especially given that if you *don't* have an interest in the expansions, you can buy the base game without them.
Don't get me wrong, it's not that I think $80 is unreasonable, is just a lot of money on a speculative purchase (I don't own, and haven't played, the original game). Using that $80 on one or two other projects spreads my risk from the point of view of blind acquisition of games (that I may, or may not, find that I enjoy).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troels Rohde Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I totally get you on this. McCrispy

makes good sense.

I think I would so the same thing normally, but with a little extra cash on hand a heart lost to the universe, I actually took the plunge for Dark Legion

Troels
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
88 Miniatures and growing... I bet for 105 at the end of the campaign!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.