Subject: Gripe: Government Troops and Bases too dark rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mart van de Wege
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
I just received my copy of the second printing thanks to bravenewheroes in Germany who had one at a reasonable price.

I have one minor gripe on the cosmetics: under my 40 Watt-equivalent compact fluorescent lights in the living room, the government Troop cubes and Bases are such a dark blue that they are indistinguishable from the Taliban from any distance beyond a few centimeters.

Maybe a good idea on the next reprint to pick a slightly lighter shade of dark blue?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen J
Australia
Elizabeth Bay
New South Wales
flag msg tools
RAWRRRRRRRR
badge
RAWRRRRRRRR
mbmbmbmbmb
Thats a hard problem to fix. I feel for you brother.

....Time for an equivalent to 80 watt bulb...

Phew that was a tough one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yiannis Hadjikyriakou
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Ah, that's annoying. Since the Taliban don't have cubes, the only thing you need to do is distinguish the Government bases. There are only 3 IIRC, so a few small stickers (perhaps pimped with an Afghan flag) ought to sort you out.

I'm currently playing Bloodtree Rebellion under soft lighting, and one side is a grey-blue colour, and the other a drab green which are almost indistinguishable, even up close. And they also share a few identical units, so I'm spending a lot of time just identifying sides, so I feel your pain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mart van de Wege
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Sure, if you pay my electricity bill, ok?

Even under daylight the difference is hard to see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Entner
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had the same problem. Since the only ones that are the same shape are the bases, I got some light blue paint and painted the edge so that I could distinguish them. I tried to match the light blue of the police cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen J
Australia
Elizabeth Bay
New South Wales
flag msg tools
RAWRRRRRRRR
badge
RAWRRRRRRRR
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry that its a struggle for you.

What's your account details and I'll send you $2.00 to cover the next six months of additional electricity usage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
This user is outstanding in mediocre videogaming
badge
Did you visit my www.kobudovenlo.nl? It has game info
mbmbmbmbmb
...some people...

mvdwege, don't take the bait. Some fan boys have issues and are just looking for a fight. Or stab. Preferably in the back. Don't say anything about their greatest love (mind the microbadges) - you will be wrong!
yuk
Anyway. Although I love ADP, I too am disappointed in the pieces of the 2nd print. I loved the sandy color of the Coalition which is used in the first print (and in the manual of the 2nd) but I am stuck with some ugly sort of dark olive green. Don't know if they made the gov. darker though.

Marking them would be an solution. Something as simple as a dot. Or a custom cool mini sticker like the Afghan National Army symbol

I have considered buying sand color replacements. But the minimal amount required to order, the postage and the (to be honest) low number of times my copy will actually be on the table, made me decide not to do that - at least for now.

Although I never had a complaint about GMT, just changing colors between 1st and 2nd print, well, yeah. What were they thinking.
shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mart van de Wege
Netherlands
Den Haag
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
_Kael_ wrote:
...some people...

mvdwege, don't take the bait. Some fan boys have issues and are just looking for a fight. Or stab. Preferably in the back. Don't say anything about their greatest love (mind the microbadges) - you will be wrong!
yuk

I don't mind a fight. I've handled worse online than someone who tries to run my household for me.

_Kael_ wrote:

Although I never had a complaint about GMT, just changing colors between 1st and 2nd print, well, yeah. What were they thinking.
shake

I did specify minor gripe, didn't I?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.