Agustín Jiménez
Spain
Alicante
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

Let me know if I'm right with this:
- In the auction phase, when you pay using cards, what you have to do is use that card to pay (the bank give you change in cash if needed) and then you place that card in your discard pile, so you can't use it anymore in this entire round.
- In the actions phase, you can do 3 actions separated into two rounds. In every one of this three actions you have to choose only one of this:
+ Start one new link
+ Continue one existing link
+ Upgrade one link
+ Build one building
+ Upgrade one building
+ Move one passenger
- You can't build in the same action new rails in two differents links.
- You can use any number of cards and action icons (getting stress when using icons in the same card), but in every action you only can do one and only one of the six listed before.

Is this correct??
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agustín Jiménez
Spain
Alicante
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And after the second and intense reading of the rules, I add one question:
Does anyone can move any passenger to any building if he uses the right actions icons??

For example: may I move a passenger which is on an opponent's building, through oppononent's links just to deliver it to a residencial building, just to reduce my stress?

Obviously I'll benefit the link's owners in that way, but...is that movemente possible?

And what's the motivation to move a passenger to a parcel? Avoid that the other players could move it to a building to obtain a reward?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Young
England
Bedford
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since nobody has jumped in, from my interpretation of the rules you're absolutely correct on all points.

Azrael85 wrote:
And what's the motivation to move a passenger to a parcel? Avoid that the other players could move it to a building to obtain a reward?

Remember you also get HPs and money for the links you use even when delivering to a parcel, so you're only missing out on the bonus (and, as you say, you could be screwing up somebody else's plans). It could be beneficial to do this if the route you're travelling is profitable, and the source building is about to be refilled.

When I played for the first time yesterday, I never saw this happen. But then none of us understood the strategies until it was over!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
chrisy wrote:
Since nobody has jumped in, from my interpretation of the rules you're absolutely correct on all points.

Azrael85 wrote:

Remember you also get HPs and money for the links you use even when delivering to a parcel, so you're only missing out on the bonus (and, as you say, you could be screwing up somebody else's plans). It could be beneficial to do this if the route you're travelling is profitable, and the source building is about to be refilled.

When I played for the first time yesterday, I never saw this happen. But then none of us understood the strategies until it was over!

Moving a passenger to a parcel is obviously VERY powerful because the parcel has no color, so you can cross the all 4 colors all along your trip without being stop...
You can move a passenger to an opponent building, there is an example in the rules I think
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agustín Jiménez
Spain
Alicante
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi again, I've played twice this last weekend (I liked it a lot!!), solo and 4 player, and I have a serious doubt about opponent's parcels, what you can and can not do.

In the rules, in the building new rails part, it says:

"You are allowed to:
Build a Rail beside a gray (Parcel) space that does not
belong to you, as long as the Rail does not connect to the
Parcel space."

What does this mean?? Because later in the rules, in the first example about moving passengers, there are some link from one colour, connected to other colours parcels, is that possible?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
"Beside" means next to , but not pointed to . For example "parallel"
Hope that helps you

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agustín Jiménez
Spain
Alicante
Alicante
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oook, I know what "beside" means, so I'll try to explain better.

What I understand from that sentece is that you can't build a rail connected to (or pointed to) an opponent's parcel.

Let's see this example in the rules:

In that example, there are one brown's link and one pink's connected to an orange's parcel. Also the orange's link B is connected to brown's parcel C2.

It seems to me that this examaple in the rules and the mentioned sentence are the oppoiste. Or am I missunderstunding?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
AlbaN ViarD
France
Bourgogne
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I see...

It is not allowed to point to an opponent 's parcel nor building on it.(Example #1 page 6 showing clearly the allowed moves)

In the example, you are right, the orange's link B cannot be connected to C2 AND the brown 's link cannot be connected to the orange's parcel.

I think the C-buildings on the parcels have strangely disappeared...

It is an example showing the movings of passengers and the description of the moving phase is still correct anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.