Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi!

yesterday i was playing a "defend" encounter, and i found some weird things that could be clarificated:

i put my home in the central point of a wide clear terrain, so, when raiders activate first time, they were in LOS. the "in sight" was tested, and my star character opened fire upon them.

although i hit one of them 2 times, the damage roll was very bad (for me), and they reacted with duck back, and there was the first issue: there were 2 in cover hexes to choose (both same distance from the character), one to 4 hexes from my home, and another to 6. i determined the hex where each would get refuge at random (is it right?).

so too tall (weapon: grenade) was in a build (4 hexes from my home), and sailor (weapon: assault rifle) in a rough hex (6 hexes from my home).

when they activate, they pop up and "in sight test" are taken. if they pass the test, they are so far to fire, and so far to charge, then, duck back again. as they are in cover, are they again hidden in the hex where they are?

when they fail, i open fire (with assault rifle). (in fact too tall was OOF, eventually.)

but what about sailor? the in sight tests pinned the character in this hex, and he will remain there for ever?

to break this situation, i chose sailor made a duck back move until the building where too tall was OOF (weird, because he exited from a cover hex). from there, tonya and sailor were shooting each one until he was out of ammo. but i don't know how to end this play.

do i have to get there and kill sailor? or does sailor flee in some point if he hasn't weapons?

in all this situation, where in the sequence of play would i use the npc movement table?

thanks in advance. i'm still trying to get the gameplay right.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Teixeira
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
calpurnio1973 wrote:
hi!

yesterday i was playing a "defend" encounter, and i found some weird things that could be clarificated:

Here goes.

i put my home in the central point of a wide clear terrain, so, when raiders activate first time, they were in LOS. the "in sight" was tested, and my star character opened fire upon them.

although i hit one of them 2 times, the damage roll was very bad (for me), and they reacted with duck back, and there was the first issue: there were 2 in cover hexes to choose (both same distance from the character), one to 4 hexes from my home, and another to 6. i determined the hex where each would get refuge at random (is it right?). They would go to cover that is not closer to the shooter, always away from. They would not break up their group.

so too tall (weapon: grenade) was in a build (4 hexes from my home), and sailor (weapon: assault rifle) in a rough hex (6 hexes from my home).

when they activate, they pop up and "in sight test" are taken. if they pass the test, they are so far to fire, and so far to charge, then, duck back again. as they are in cover, are they again hidden in the hex where they are? Yes, as it is the closest cover.

when they fail, i open fire (with assault rifle). (in fact too tall was OOF, eventually.)

but what about sailor? the in sight tests pinned the character in this hex, and he will remain there for ever? No, he would continue to pop up and take In sights, eventually he will win one or get hit by fire.

to break this situation, i chose sailor made a duck back move until the building where too tall was OOF (weird, because he exited from a cover hex). from there, tonya and sailor were shooting each one until he was out of ammo. but i don't know how to end this play.

do i have to get there and kill sailor? or does sailor flee in some point if he hasn't weapons?See the following answer.

in all this situation, where in the sequence of play would i use the npc movement table? Each time the NPC group activates.

thanks in advance. i'm still trying to get the gameplay right. No worries, that's what I'm here for.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.