$30.00
Krzysiek
Poland
Chorzów
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I have a question about a situation where I am not sure how to proceed. I have defeated a Henchman in the last open location and following that I managed to close the location. However this location also contains the villain, who now doesn't have anywhere to escape to. In this case do I attack the villain immediately with the current character or do I win by default as the villain has been cornered and has nowhere to escape to. Mind you, I did not encounter the villain, only took him out of the deck of locations cards following a successful closure of said location.

Thank you in advance for your replies!

- K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you defeat a henchman and close a location that has the villain in it, the location does not actually close (you do not do the when permanently closed actions). The location remains open with only a single card, the villain.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek
Poland
Chorzów
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for your swift reply

- K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For reference:

WotR Rulebook p15 wrote:
If you succeed at meeting the When Closing requirement, search the location deck for villains. If you find any, banish all non-villain cards from the location deck. The location is not closed—but at least you know where the villains are!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek
Poland
Chorzów
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
269Hawkmoon wrote:
For reference:

[q=WotR Rulebook p15]If you succeed at meeting the When Closing requirement, search the location deck for villains. If you find any, banish all non-villain cards from the location deck. The location is not closed—but at least you know where the villains are![/quote]

Thanks !

You know, I looked through the rulebook a couple of times, and didn't see it until you quoted. I am used to wargame rulebooks i.e. GMT games' long, encyclopedic texts which are indexed. Thus, I found the rulebooks for the Pathfinder series one of the least intuitive to read. It actually took me several tries before I got how the game is played.

I'm happy, though that there's such a great community here, to help in need

- K.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.