GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

7,767 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Marc S.
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Good morning all,

I made this account specifically to ask these few questions, and this seemed like a knowledgeable community. Long story short, I won an eBay auction that includes some questionable card packs. The listing is thus:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

Upon closer inspection (after I had already committed to buy), I noticed several of the card packs say "TM" after the words, "Cards Against Humanity". Most pictures online have a (C) or (R) after those words, I can't really tell which. Buyer beware, but at least I can still cancel the order and request a refund if need be. Any insight for this community? I've e-mailed CAH directly and await their response.

Next up, is Printerstudio.com. I planned on using them to print out all the PAX sets, as there are too many of them to track down or are outrageously expensive. I've found a thread on your site with the listed cards:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1230762/all-cards-against-h...

Do I just send them the files and they'll do the rest? What about the card backs?

If you've made it this far, I appreciate your patience. If you have any advice to give, please share. And yes, I know it seems funny to counterfeit PAX cards but care about the eBay auction's authenticity.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From reading that review it looks like it contains the core and official 1-6 expansions and then some handmade fan expansions. Based on the price of core + expansions at retail you are basically getting the handmade ones for free. I don't see what the issue is with the listing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are lots of unofficial expansions to the game. In fact, the creators of the game encourage it. That auction looks like it is the real game with expansions and then a bunch of extra fan made expansions as well (some of which are better than the real ones at times). As Chris G said, nothing wrong with it. Everything looks legit.

As for Printer Studio, you will have to supply them with an image for the backs of the cards as well as the fronts. In this case, both are just text, but to be sure it is the correct font and everything to match your existing cards, I would send a high rez scan of the card back along with your card list to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kasek esy
msg tools
I'm confused what the other two are syain about fan made expansions all of those are legit CAH card expansions but doesn't mean those specific packs are authentic. I would say keep it if you want the game, the table top pack is limited release and chances are any for sale cheap are fake. If you just want to get all the cards like myself then keep it nobody will be abel to tell that your playing with.

For printerstudio you choose to make cards with custom front and backs. Look up mywastedlife CAH on google and you can type your own cards there. When creating your cards take the PNG file and upload it for the front and take the backing and upload it for the backs. Hope that helps

Edit: some fan made expansion examples are like cards and punishment, crabs adjust humidity ect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim P
United States
Sterling Heights
Michigan
flag msg tools
Glück muss man haben
badge
But what I do have are a very particular set of skills, skills I have acquired over a very long career. Skills that make me a nightmare for people like you… And I will beat you.
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender02 wrote:
There are lots of unofficial expansions to the game. In fact, the creators of the game encourage it. That auction looks like it is the real game with expansions and then a bunch of extra fan made expansions as well (some of which are better than the real ones at times)...

Ya they now encourage it after they first sued the guys of the first "Unofficial" expansion and lost their case. This as Mattel of Apples to Apples sued them for "unofficially" using their mechanics and Mattel lost its case. Kind of funny how that works.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.