United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
So my copies of Recurring Nightmares and Suppressed Memories turned up today.

First of all I'm very disappointed in the expansion boxes; they're made of thin card stock and open with a flap at the top rather than a lift off lid. A bit of a shame considering the price but hey ho.

I'm just wondering on how people are planning on storing everything as its a lot of map tiles and plastic.

Initially I put all the map tiles in one of the expansion boxes but they're just too heavy and I can see the box getting ripped up.

For now I have all the map tiles, all the cards/chits/dice etc, all the investigators, rulebooks and all the base game monsters except the star spawn in the main box. Then in one of the expansions I have all the monster bases and the rest of the monsters.

The issue is I'm working on painting the minis and would like them stored individually to protect them, but that takes up a lot of space.

In an ideal world someone like Broken Token, Basically Wooden or Meeple Realty will make an insert, but until that happens I need a solution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This doesn't really answer your question about combining everything together, but here's what I did with foamcore for the base 2e game.

I have 1e and will build a similar solution for the miniatures and tiles once I get around to it. I tried to design something that would hold the tiles and investigators from 1e as well, but wasn't savvy enough.

As an aside - the did expansions come with their own investigator cards and monster tokens? Did you need the conversion kit at all from the core 2e game?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
As an aside - the did expansions come with their own investigator cards and monster tokens? Did you need the conversion kit at all from the core 2e game?

Thanks!

The expansions are purely map tiles and figures. The conversion kit from 2e contains the monster tokens and investigator cards you need.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
Mistermannindy wrote:

Thanks!

The expansions are purely map tiles and figures. The conversion kit from 2e contains the monster tokens and investigator cards you need.

Thank you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Kelly
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:
First of all I'm very disappointed in the expansion boxes; they're made of thin card stock and open with a flap at the top rather than a lift off lid.

This is rotten. They did the same thing with the "Runebound" expansions.
TK

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
tkelly wrote:
PeterM2158 wrote:
First of all I'm very disappointed in the expansion boxes; they're made of thin card stock and open with a flap at the top rather than a lift off lid.

This is rotten. They did the same thing with the "Runebound" expansions.
TK

I'm sure it was all done to help FLGS's.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Ibarzabal

Campinas
Sao Paulo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use the main box as a container for all tiles and cards, and then a big organizer for the minis... but all outside the box

I like the result, it keeps the minis easy to find, and setup really short.

I made a video of my "Reboxing" (i dont know if anyone else used this term, but i found it funny hehe), it is in portuguese but you can see how I organize watching it:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Mulholland
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I really like squid.
badge
I really like squid.
mbmbmbmbmb
Was just in the shower and literally just thought of doing this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm using the first edition box to store all of the cards, tokens, dice and map tiles. 2nd edition box will hold all of the plastic. I'll post pics once I finish building the miniature insert. I've built it in such a way to accommodate any future expansions. And the trays ensure everything is within reach and tidy on the table.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WonderSlug wrote:
I'm using the first edition box to store all of the cards, tokens, dice and map tiles.

Very nice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Velox
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Mestre dos Magos wrote:
I use the main box as a container for all tiles and cards, and then a big organizer for the minis... but all outside the box

I like the result, it keeps the minis easy to find, and setup really short.

I made a video of my "Reboxing" (i dont know if anyone else used this term, but i found it funny hehe), it is in portuguese but you can see how I organize watching it:

Which Plano storage box is that you use for the figures?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Flanagan
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was able to get everything into the 2e box, including all the Monsters, characters and tiles from 1e. (Should work for the 2 Expansions in 2nd Edit too)

All the tokens and characters are stored in Plano box 2-3601-00. All Monsters are stored off their bases and all human sized monsters are stored in a Plano ProLatch 23650-52.

I put the intro page to the game and the conversion kit at the bottom of the box as you will never really use these again.

The game tiles come in 3 fixed sizes. The 2 smaller sizes should be stacked separately on top of the largest tiles. In a kind of L shape. Please these in the box and off to one side.

I have placed all of the sleeved cards in 2 deck boxes, and placed these on the bottom of the box

You can now stack in all the big monsters in the last free corner of the box and one of them and their bases on top of the smaller tiles

This gives you enough space to put both plano boxes in

Finally put in the 2 manuals and you are done. The box should almost close fully with a mm or 2 difference
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Blake
United States
Benicia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nice! Could you post a pic of how you organized the Plano 23650 box? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Flanagan
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N S.
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterM2158 wrote:

In an ideal world someone like Broken Token, Basically Wooden or Meeple Realty will make an insert, but until that happens I need a solution.

Go7 just came out with one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Griggs
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indeed we did. Our new MOM-001 storage solution is now shipping. I've included a near little rack storage system to handle the minis. Now to get to work on the expansions...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnus Rydin
Sweden
Helsingborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
WonderSlug wrote:
I'll post pics once I finish building the miniature insert.

How goes?
Did not find anything new here or in the foamcore inserts forum thread (you're missing there)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Morphie wrote:
WonderSlug wrote:
I'll post pics once I finish building the miniature insert.

How goes?
Did not find anything new here or in the foamcore inserts forum thread (you're missing there)

Sorry. Been to busy to work on it. Will get it done this week and post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Blake
United States
Benicia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
@bgriggs - The Go7 solution looks nice for the 2nd Ed content. How are you planning to house all the 1st Ed content either from the original products or the just released 2 expansions? Perhaps in the original MoM 1st Ed box? I can get all existing content into the MoM 2nd Ed box, albeit not as nicely organized as your solution. That will be the tradeoff - 1 jumbled box vs. 2 nicely organized ones. I will wait to purchase until I see what you create for the 1st Ed content. Thanks for your service to the hobby!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bee M
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
I found this 'really useful box' to hold all the minis from base 2E + both expansions with bases attached (minus the 6 or so really big guys). There is a bit of extra space in the top so it needs to be handled somewhat carefully right now until I get something foamy like cut to snug them in more securely. Changing the facing direction of the last 2 rows of minis allows everything to fit fairly lined up. I keep the investigators bagged for now and wedged in some of the open space to help keep things from bouncing around as much. The downside of this is it will not fit in the base box and it doesn't contain the dividers found in a standard plano.

http://www.staples.com/Really-Useful-Box-4-Liter-Clear-US4C-...

I cut down the insert in the box and re glued it flat for the art. Everything else from all 3 boxes including all tiles, bits, cards, dice etc. and the remaining large minis (bases off for these big guys) now fits in the box. I then use a few of the leftover cardboard punch boards to fill out and support the top of the box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobby Griggs
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
blaketag wrote:
@bgriggs - The Go7 solution looks nice for the 2nd Ed content. How are you planning to house all the 1st Ed content either from the original products or the just released 2 expansions? Perhaps in the original MoM 1st Ed box? I can get all existing content into the MoM 2nd Ed box, albeit not as nicely organized as your solution. That will be the tradeoff - 1 jumbled box vs. 2 nicely organized ones. I will wait to purchase until I see what you create for the 1st Ed content. Thanks for your service to the hobby!

I just released solutions for the two new expansions boxes. I don't have 1st ed. though, so I can't really speculate as to whether everything will fit in the solutions I have crafted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesus Gonzalez
United States
Cornelius
Oregon
flag msg tools
I bought a XL photo box for all the minis. Fits all minis from both expansions and base games expect the larged based ones. Its awesome because it allows me to keep the bases on. The rest is baged and thrown into the base box along with the tiles and XL minis. At some point I'll 3d print box that holds the tokens and cards

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Flanagan
United States
Santa Cruz
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theflan045 wrote:
I was able to get everything into the 2e box, including all the Monsters, characters and tiles from 1e. (Should work for the 2 Expansions in 2nd Edit too)

All the tokens and characters are stored in Plano box 2-3601-00. All Monsters are stored off their bases and all human sized monsters are stored in a Plano ProLatch 23650-52.

I put the intro page to the game and the conversion kit at the bottom of the box as you will never really use these again.

The game tiles come in 3 fixed sizes. The 2 smaller sizes should be stacked separately on top of the largest tiles. In a kind of L shape. Please these in the box and off to one side.

I have placed all of the sleeved cards in 2 deck boxes, and placed these on the bottom of the box

You can now stack in all the big monsters in the last free corner of the box and one of them and their bases on top of the smaller tiles

This gives you enough space to put both plano boxes in

Finally put in the 2 manuals and you are done. The box should almost close fully with a mm or 2 difference

Quick update - Beyond the Threshold just arrived and I was easily able to add all the components of this new expansion to how I store everything in the box, with little to no difference in stacking and the box lid displacement. There were only 4 new tiles that really add to the overall box storage footprint. The rest of the components are cards and figures that I can add to the contents of the card and plano boxes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.