Subject: Replacement rivets for movement dials? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damian Allen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
I seem to have lost the set of black plastic rivets that hold the movement dials together from two expansions I recently bought... So I was wondering if anyone has any idea where to get replacements? I contacted Fantasy Flight and explained that I probably lost them, but all I got back was a form reply directing my to the page for replacing missing or damages parts. Where you have to include a photo of what was damaged, or for things that were missing from the product. But I was the one who lost them, so I'd by lying if I claimed that they were missing from the package, which I'd prefer not to do just to get two plastic rivets, lol.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Maisonneuve
Canada
Quebec
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Doesn't matter, they will send you new ones. They won't want to lose a customer for such a small thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Linnell
United States
Bedford
NH
flag msg tools
I really need a new badge, avatar, and overtext. GM me with any ideas....
badge
This is the seahorse valley
mb
And if you really want to stand on the principal and/or pay money, go buy a dial upgrade kit for the appropriate faction...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Whats 4T
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah, Fantasy Flight have been great in replacing my lost components in the past. I lost a dial recently and I thought it would have changed now they're under Asmodee (they have more stringent return rules on the website) but I explained that it was my fault and they replaced with no qualms. FFGs customer service is second to none.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian Allen
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
Thanks guys... I was looking at their new website for game parts under a company called Asmodee. They specifically state they they do not replace lost components or components worn due through normal use I'll try with them anyway, and see what they say.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marquis DeSade
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Piggyback question:

Is there a name/classification for this particular "rivet" piece? Like, if I wanted to order some extras for a side project, what is this two-part setup called?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Swampy Crocker
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Similar to a chicago screw. Not sure they work perfectly for the needs, but those are the closest I've seen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
will anderson
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
just contact them and explain what happened. I misplaced / didn't receive a rivet as well.

I also had a TIE fighter where the peg hole was slightly disfigured and wouldn't accept a peg unless I jammed it in there. I was worried I'd break it, making the ship unusable. I included pictures with my claim about a missing rivet and they sent me a replacement TIE fighter along with the rivet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.