Popular Tags: [View All]
Kyle Schroer
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
BEER PLACEMENT?
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty sure you cannot do this, but after playing our first game last night, we are looking for confirmation:

Can captains collect from one mining station, then be "rovered" to another station and then perform their second collection?

We had a great time with our first game last night. Looking forward to more plays!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gianluca Casu
Belgium
Ixelles
Bruxelles
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not.... Completely sure, but since you get rovered and THEN execute the action, I would rule that the captain does twice the action of the mine he is rovered to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cal Rasmussen
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say no they can not use their second action to mine from the adjacent mining station.

From the rule book under phase 5:
Quote:
"Captains are resolved in the same way as Crewmembers, but you may activate the effect of their current Station up to two times instead of once. You do not have to resolve you Captain first, but when you do resolve your Captain you must decide whether to activate the Station’s effect once, twice, or not at all; and you must return the Captain to your Ship before resolving any remaining Crewmembers."

And then under rover station:
Quote:
Rover Station – One of your Crewmembers assigned to a Mining Station may collect resources as if they were assigned to an adjacent Mining Station.

I read that as that you have to choose to active the Captain for the station that he is assigned either one, twice or not at all. If you choosing to activate it once you can not then go back and change that. So with using the rover it is the same, but the captain is acting as if they were at the adjacent station, and not the one that they are currently assigned.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SQ
United States
Show Low
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Trash Pandas - launching on Kickstarter July 6th, 2017!
mb
crblackhawk wrote:
I would say no they can not use their second action to mine from the adjacent mining station.

From the rule book under phase 5:
Quote:
"Captains are resolved in the same way as Crewmembers, but you may activate the effect of their current Station up to two times instead of once. You do not have to resolve you Captain first, but when you do resolve your Captain you must decide whether to activate the Station’s effect once, twice, or not at all; and you must return the Captain to your Ship before resolving any remaining Crewmembers."

And then under rover station:
Quote:
Rover Station – One of your Crewmembers assigned to a Mining Station may collect resources as if they were assigned to an adjacent Mining Station.

I read that as that you have to choose to active the Captain for the station that he is assigned either one, twice or not at all. If you choosing to activate it once you can not then go back and change that. So with using the rover it is the same, but the captain is acting as if they were at the adjacent station, and not the one that they are currently assigned.

Hope that helps.

This is correct. Rover just changes the location you are mining. The Rover action would be activated by another worker and you can't start the Captain activation, then move to another worker and then back to the Captain. The Captain would need to use both mining actions at the same location and they cannot be split up.

Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.