Hide
8 Posts

Castles of Mad King Ludwig» Forums » Rules

Subject: Downstairs: Scoring Bonuses rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kelly Counsell
msg tools
Hey guys! Quick question for how you guys play...

I have seen a lot of different ways on how downstairs rooms are played. As per the instructions, we play thus;

When a downstairs room is placed in the castle, whatever icon is shown in the middle of the room, for the room bonus, we take a point for each one of those rooms in the hcastle. And this counts towards future rooms. So if for example say a Living Room was featured as the bonus for your downstairs room, and I have 4 of them in my castle I take 4 bonus rooms points and for every living room title I add in the future I take my bonus point.

Can't wait to see what everyone else does
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is how downstairs rooms work. You get the room points + the bonus points for every room of that type in the castle, both now and future-placements.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is how I played with that downstairs bonus. I believe the official app game also plays it this way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Call
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would you play any way other then how the rules state?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DePasquale
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcall wrote:

I think it is more of others not understanding the rules and playing incorrectly vs choosing to play another way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dcall wrote:

We're all mad here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Elmore
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played this once, so please excuse my ignorance.

It seems to me as I played this that it would be easier to score downstairs bonus points after the game rather than remember to add those points after you add the applicable room although the tiny icons could make it tricky for players to see what someone else needs, so this may provide a reminder to those players.

It may also not be that difficult to remember as downstairs rooms seem to possibly be a late-game strategy. In my game, I dove immediately into downstairs rooms due to one of the favors being tied to them. That just made my game more difficult since my wife knew early on to try to screw me out of food and sleeping rooms. If these are intended to be late-game strategies, then very little might be gained by scoring the downstairs room afterward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zeek LTK
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Kuildeous wrote:
I've only played this once, so please excuse my ignorance.

It seems to me as I played this that it would be easier to score downstairs bonus points after the game rather than remember to add those points after you add the applicable room although the tiny icons could make it tricky for players to see what someone else needs, so this may provide a reminder to those players.

It may also not be that difficult to remember as downstairs rooms seem to possibly be a late-game strategy. In my game, I dove immediately into downstairs rooms due to one of the favors being tied to them. That just made my game more difficult since my wife knew early on to try to screw me out of food and sleeping rooms. If these are intended to be late-game strategies, then very little might be gained by scoring the downstairs room afterward.

Well, you have to buy the rooms when you can. If basement rooms come up early, someone's going to get them. The downside is that, yes, your opponents know what rooms you will get a bonus for, but on the flip side, at least no one else is getting that bonus since you have the basement room already.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.