Richard
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Hello fellow Boardgamers,

is it possible to recognize whether a sealed version of Project: ELITE is the new revised or the old version?

I got a (base game) package that says on the backside, lower right corner:

RTPA 152, (C) 2015 Artipia Games, 0700615557080

Can someone please tell me whether the same information can also be found on the new improved version of the game or whether this information changed?

Thank you very much in advance! :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vangelis Bagiartakis
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Up to my knowledge the boxes are identical. This is not a different "version" we are talking about. The boxes are the same - they just changed the minis inside.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you very much :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb
The "bad" miniatures are extremely glossy and look like big glops of crap.

The "good"???? miniatures are not so glossy and look like big glops of crap.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb

Keep in mind the image on the right is not the new (better) miniatures. It was what was indicated during the kickstarter as to the "highly detailed" miniatures we would be receiving. Renders always have more detail then actual minis, but some companies come real close (CoolMiniOrNot).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
deekerston schweddy
United States
California
flag msg tools
mb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Heron
United Kingdom
Bangor
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the new figures are actually ok - they're not "highly" detailed but they're also not pieces of crap.

I was more than pleased with them
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah. I have no issue with the grey aliens. They're not "highly detailed" by any means, but they're on par with most other board game minis.

The green aliens and heroes are a bit of a hit and miss. Most are OK. Some a bit disappointing.

The red alien bosses are by and large disappointing as is the large yellow boss in the Alien Pack. Didn't get any of the paid add-ons so can't comment about the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.