Might & Magic Heroes» Forums » General

Subject: Similar rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
Since this game appears impossible to find in Texas, can anybody recommend a similar game? Other than Mage Knight that is.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lord Malachi
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
There isn't anything that similar I am aware of. It is a pretty unique game because it does its best to hold true to the original video game (although compromises had to be made for it's transition). I can say you should go ahead and import it though. I loved it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rue Sailmana
Netherlands
Zaandam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know anything that similar either, certainly not Mage Knight. I'd rather say Sid Meier's Civilization or Runebound to be more similar to Might & Magic Heroes than Mage Knight, but it's still most similar to the original video game (with the mentioned compromises)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morthai Saichor
Germany
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
my projects: The Silken Threads Descent Campaign; Dawn of Civilization Mod
mbmbmbmbmb
civilization might be the closest you get, it is pretty unique

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
Morthai wrote:
civilization might be the closest you get, it is pretty unique

Thanks! Though I fear Civ is too long for my table

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Freeman

New Jersey
msg tools
Andy, if you're still looking for something similar, take a look at Heroes of Land, Air & Sea by Gamelyn Games, currently on Kickstarter. I think it compares very favorably, and is being made by a company that puts out excellent games. The cheapest option (base game only, no miniatures) is at very similar price point to what I paid to import Might & Magic Heroes. If you set this post, let me know what you think of Heroes of Land, Air & Sea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
CharF wrote:
Andy, if you're still looking for something similar, take a look at Heroes of Land, Air & Sea by Gamelyn Games, currently on Kickstarter. I think it compares very favorably, and is being made by a company that puts out excellent games. The cheapest option (base game only, no miniatures) is at very similar price point to what I paid to import Might & Magic Heroes. If you set this post, let me know what you think of Heroes of Land, Air & Sea.

I actually subscribed to the HoLSA page. I haven't looked at it very closely though. I don't particularly care for kick starters so I'll be waiting for a retail version, if any, comes available.

Thanks so much for the feedback!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Burnett
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gylthinel wrote:
Since this game appears impossible to find in Texas, can anybody recommend a similar game? Other than Mage Knight that is.

Thanks.

Andy, I know of 2 copies in Austin. I go to a private gaming convention around New Years in downtown Houston. If you PM me, I can see whether we know some same people who attend and can vouch for you and get you invited, Then we can play it or you can at least examine my copy.

I had to trade for a used copy of the game to get mine. But I do see some for sale on the UK version of Amazon, if shipping doesn't gouge you much.

It might be time for me to try that solo variant. This game is impossible for me to get people to play it with me, and the game takes so long. I am hoping solo will be a good option for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Day

League City
Texas
msg tools
timbur wrote:
Gylthinel wrote:

Thanks.

Andy, I know of 2 copies in Austin. I go to a private gaming convention around New Years in downtown Houston. If you PM me, I can see whether we know some same people who attend and can vouch for you and get you invited, Then we can play it or you can at least examine my copy.

I had to trade for a used copy of the game to get mine. But I do see some for sale on the UK version of Amazon, if shipping doesn't gouge you much.

It might be time for me to try that solo variant. This game is impossible for me to get people to play it with me, and the game takes so long. I am hoping solo will be a good option for me.

Alas I don't know anybody in Austin so a trip there is impractical. Rats! I will try and view amazon U.K., thanks for the tip!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.