This War of Mine: The Board Game» Forums » General

Subject: No Communication Regarding Pledge? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For 2 weeks now I have tried a couple times emailing both Awaken Realms and the email listed in the pledge manager (contact@gamefound.com) with regards to getting a refund on the furniture parts as I think they will actually hinder gameplay by covering cards etc. I'm still happy to buy the game and all the extras, painted etc. However, I've just been completely ignored, not a single squeek coming my way? I understand it may take a couple of days to respond but 2 weeks I can't accept. Is anyone else able to get an answer from them, am I doing something wrong? Feeling a bit miffed, not impressed with the service at all. Suppose the next step would be to contact Paypal and get them to refund the full amount?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deniz
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know whether it's because you want a refund.
However, I asked them something yesterday regarding the pledge manager (same email address you mentioned) and in less then 24 hours I got an answer. Just want to let you know they're not dead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sixgeek wrote:
I don't know whether it's because you want a refund.
However, I asked them something yesterday regarding the pledge manager (same email address you mentioned) and in less then 24 hours I got an answer. Just want to let you know they're not dead.

That's rather annoying to find out, kind of makes it worse really, but I appreciate you letting me know.

I only want to remove the furniture, and considering I've backed the game to the tune of over £450 you'd think a reply wouldn't be too much to ask. I've actually only got into board gaming over the last year, but have thus far found a few companies I've dealt with to be far behind other industries with regards to communication, helpfulness and professionalism. It's a pity as I find the individuals, with regards to game designers, reviewers and community to be great people.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ricky W
Germany
Mannheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Fyi:
I, too, had to contact gamefound to alter my pledge. I used the gamefound email address and got a reply next day.

So I think you have just bad luck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Awaken Realms
msg tools
publisher
Hey guys,

Just a quick comment from our side - we are replying to different things in different time - there are less complicated things and those more complicated that require attention of other people.

We are not leaving anyone behind, so no worries, just some things might take more time than others (regarding refunds it is not just sending back money, but we also need to make it properly from the accountant perspective, invoicing etc. it gets a bit complicated because of the Kickstarter)

Sorry for the time Andrew, we will make sure to get to it as fast as possible!

Best Regards,
Awaken Realms
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Walmsley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awaken Realms wrote:
Hey guys,

Just a quick comment from our side - we are replying to different things in different time - there are less complicated things and those more complicated that require attention of other people.

We are not leaving anyone behind, so no worries, just some things might take more time than others (regarding refunds it is not just sending back money, but we also need to make it properly from the accountant perspective, invoicing etc. it gets a bit complicated because of the Kickstarter)

Sorry for the time Andrew, we will make sure to get to it as fast as possible!

Best Regards,
Awaken Realms

I got your email this morning. I appreciate you have a lot on at the minute, however just one line saying that you had received my email and will get round to it in due course would have been fine and not too much to ask. As long as it's getting sorted. Am still looking forward to the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.