Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Farrell
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Played against Abhoth last night (super fun btw) but a couple questions arose

1. The lead player had to discard ALL of his posesseions..does this include Focus tokens?

2. When a card says discard an ITEM, is that only cards with ITEM Written on them? Or would things such as Trinkets and Tomes also count? The font lf the word is whats throwing me off

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1.) Nope, not focus tokens

2.) Not sure but I only discard cards that have the word "item" on it but I might be wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, I'm pretty sure it would have to actually have the word "Item" on the card to count for that. There may actually be some Trinkets and Tomes that also have the word "Item" on them, but I'm not sure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Aristides
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Indecision101 wrote:

2. When a card says discard an ITEM, is that only cards with ITEM Written on them? Or would things such as Trinkets and Tomes also count? The font lf the word is whats throwing me off

It will need to have the "item" keyword written on the card.
Most Tomes are also items, most trinkets are not items.

This also includes artifacts or unique assets with the Item keyword.

This is regardless of any other keywords on the card (i.e. you would discard a card that says "Magical Item Weapon" because it is an item, as well as being magical and a weapon).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
randomlife wrote:
No, I'm pretty sure it would have to actually have the word "Item" on the card to count for that. There may actually be some Trinkets and Tomes that also have the word "Item" on them, but I'm not sure.
Tomes are generally Items; much like Weapon it's more of a "subtype" than a type keyword.

Trinket and Item is generally mutually exclusive, a card will only have one of these. (Trinket presumably indicates smaller and more portable things and are thus affected by different/fewer effects)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.