Popular Tags: [View All]
Phil Wickline
United States
Harrisonburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yesterday, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Battle was available for pre-order for $44 on Amazon, and was Prime eligible. Today, it's only listed through a 3rd party seller for $50 with $13.75 shipping (not Prime eligible). Don't know what will happen after the release date (Monday).

In looking for a deal, I discovered that Calendars.com has a promotion for 20% off and free shipping on orders $30 or more. This brings the price down to $40. The deal says it's good for the next 8 days. Use the code "30FREESHIP" at checkout.

FWIW, there are a couple of other warm deals on this site:

DC Deck-Building Game - 32.00 (36.16 on Amazon)
Codenames Pictures - 16.00 (17.75 on Amazon)
Star Trek Panic - 32.00 (35.28 on Amazon)

There's also a ton of mass market, party, and children's games, which I didn't look at.

UPDATE: Amazon has HP:HB listed for $44.42 and Prime eligible again. Whereas it was listed as available on 9/26 before, now it is listed as available on 9/29. Calendars.com has it listed as "in stock," though I thought it wasn't available just yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
$42.39 including tax. Still not bad. In for one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Fluck
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for posting this one, jumped on it. Just a heads up to others, I tried to apply both this code and the FALLFIVE code to my order, got a very long error screen, and then it refused to allow me to apply any promo code at all to my order until I switched internet browsers. So...probably don't try that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it'll be available for $15 on amazon in 6 months, why rush it now? play the games on your shelf you haven't played yet. You know which one I'm talking about. Remember you just bought it like 2 weeks ago!

face it, you're not addicted to playing games, you're addicted to buying them.

Go open one, learn it, teach it to some friends, THEN come check out the price. I promise you'll like that one better anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
zenmazster wrote:
it'll be available for $15 on amazon in 6 months, why rush it now? play the games on your shelf you haven't played yet. You know which one I'm talking about. Remember you just bought it like 2 weeks ago!

Go open one, learn it, teach it to some friends, THEN come check out the price. I promise you'll like that one better anyway.

Yeah, umm - hold that thought - I have to go buy this shiny new game first.

Ok, what were you saying?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A Lurker
msg tools
mbmb
zenmazster wrote:

Shows what you know. I'm addicted to buying shelves; the games are merely a means to an end.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A friend has this, so I'll get a play of it, but right now I still don't know if it beats The Big Book of Madness.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
zenmazster wrote:

On top of that, if the older Harry Potter games are any indication you'll be able to buy it for $10-15 in a few months and then resell it for $75-100 in a few years.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J.M. Diller
United States
North Street
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenmazster wrote:

I don't believe for a second that it'll be $15 six months from now. Not sure what makes you believe that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Woo-Hoo Gamer
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
Looking for resources in how to grow in friendship, unity, and/or intimacy in marriage? - Ask me!
badge
More Woo-Hoo Gamer reviews coming throughout 2017!
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, don't believe it'll be $15-20 anytime over the months (or years) to come. But I do believe we'll see it hit $35 and maybe even $30 prior to Christmas. At least that's the price range I'm looking for before I'll pull the trigger.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They have copies available for pre-order at Cardhause for $36. There's shipping of course, but you can finagle your way up to free shipping if you keep adding to your pre-order or whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not $15, but $25(50% off) within the next year has a high chance of happening. A daily deal can easily put it at $30 and $25 is an option if it is moving slow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
matthean wrote:
Not $15, but $25(50% off) within the next year has a high chance of happening. A daily deal can easily put it at $30 and $25 is an option if it is moving slow.

There's a pretty solid pattern of other licensed deck-builders dropping quickly and being cleared out once the initial rush is over. Unless Harry Potter breaks the mold, it doesn't seem unreasonable to put it in the same category with Lord of the Rings/Hobbit, Star Trek, Uncharted, etc.

*edit* I didn't realize this was USAopoly. That almost guarantees a major drop in price or sale when they clear out stock for their next licensed product (I vote for a Letterkenny semi-cooperative social game where the game ends when everything stays the same). Looking through their list of games I think I've seen all of them for $15 or less at some point, even the more popular ones like Telesatrations (and no way is a Harry Potter deck-builder going to be as popular as that).

Side note, the customer service at USAopoly is great. They quickly sent me a replacement board for my damaged RISK: StarCraft Collector's Edition (that I got for $10).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my copy at my FLGS. Yes, it cost more than some of these online stores, but frankly I get enough cheap games online and decided to support a game store that hosts gaming two to three nights a week. Plus I have it now, as Veruca Salt would say!

Adding, I played it at GenCon and while it's charming and very thematic, doesn't set the world on fire with any new mechanics or anything. Pretty much a vanilla deck builder.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Upton
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zenmazster wrote:

I will memorize this and use it as my mantra for daily meditation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow. I ordered this on calendars.com just over two hours ago, and already got a shipping notification.

These are exciting times we live in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Level 3 Tunt
United States
flag msg tools
mb
ShaneXtopher wrote:
Wow. I ordered this on calendars.com just over two hours ago, and already got a shipping notification.

These are exciting times we live in.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feed_(Anderson_novel)

M.T. Anderson wrote:
She had this whole thing about self-control, okay, and the importance of self-control. For example, she said, when she bought something, she wouldn't let herself order it for a long time. Then she would just go to the purchase site and show it to herself. Then she'd let herself get fed the sense-sim, you know, she'd let herself know how it would feel, or what it would smell like. Then she would go away and wouldn't look for a week. Then she would go back finally and order it, but only if it was on back order and wouldn't be shipped immediately. Then finally when it was ready to ship, she'd be like, oh, hey, I don't want it shipped hour rate, I want it slow, slow rate. So it would take like three days to get to her, and then she'd leave it in the box. Finally, she'd open the box just enough to see like the hem of the skirt or whatever. She would touch it, just knowing it was hers. She'd run her fingers along it kind of delicate. Just along the edge of it, not even really letting herself touch it completely, just gently, with her fingertips, or maybe the back of her hand. She would wait for days until she couldn't stand it anymore to take it out and try it on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Malo
United States
Lake Park
Florida
flag msg tools
Any dream can take over the world.
badge
The only thing more evil than Cthulhu . . . . Kickstarter Addiction!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just grabbed this deal. The wife will be super excited. cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
House of Cards
United States
Abingdon
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
zenmazster wrote:

Perhaps you should be playing your games as apposed to telling us how to play ours?

Just saying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron belmer
United States
Webster Groves
St Louis
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
checkedout wrote:
zenmazster wrote:

Perhaps you should be playing your games as apposed to telling us how to play ours?

Just saying.

ha ha touché, yes I'm not hanging out in the hot deals room for nothing #also addicted. this is like group, right guys? amirght? *looks around nervously*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
zenmazster wrote:
checkedout wrote:
zenmazster wrote:

Just saying.

ha ha touché, yes I'm not hanging out in the hot deals room for nothing #also addicted. this is like group, right guys? amirght? *looks around nervously*

Addicted? Oh yeah, you're in the right place.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mindy Basi
United States
Urbana
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenmazster wrote:
checkedout wrote:
zenmazster wrote:

Just saying.

Just move that pile of unopened games anywhere and have a seat! What would you like to drink?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Kisgen
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just ordered this. Thanks for the heads up!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel C
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
zenmazster wrote:
checkedout wrote:
zenmazster wrote:

Just saying.

I was about to buy this, but the arguments are strong. Yes I have lots of unplayed games. And it's true about licensed products for the most part out of star wars. They'll drop down in price of I wait 6 months. The only star wars product I've seen consistently on sale is the force awakens starter X-Wing miniatures game. Other than that he star wars up is strong for non mass market games.

See you guys in 6 months. Though I don't think it'll be $15. Prob $25. Unless it gets panned by reviewers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
While all of this may be true - my family are Harry Potter nuts and the second this arrives they're almost guaranteed to play it with me - unlike Madeira which I got for a song and - although brilliant - may never get played in my house.

edit: *sigh* (that's for you, Madeira my love - someday, someday we'll be together).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.