Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I posted this in the FFG forums but i wanted more thoughts. My friends are I are releasing a new show this weekend and want to help bring together the community and create a healthy discussion for such a neat game. So I would love to know what you would be interested in listening to from a podcast. Obviously right now its coverage of FFG articles and theory crafting. But what interests you about the game? What would you want to know more about?

Can't wait to hear your ideas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Christensen
United States
Scappoose
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmb
Each episode you could open a pack and tell us the cards and dice you got. Then maybe talk about some of the cards like how they would fit in different decks. Of course this would require the game be released
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thats not a bad idea. I will admit being a bit expensive to do that every show. But i love the idea. I think we could do something like that every few episodes or so. (Mostly because I'm cracking 3-4 boxes right off the bat

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mogwahh
United Kingdom
Worcester
Worcestershire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the podcast called I ll give it a listen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some thoughts...

A character spotlight:
Some lore of the character, give the card a rating, it's strengths/weaknesses, which cards & other characters go well with it, which are good against it etc.

A spotlight on a type of deck / meta talk:
Insights into various types of builds. IE. If you like this type of play then try this build with these cards.

And then another with what pishposh said, love this idea the most:
pishposh wrote:
open a pack and tell us the cards and dice you got. Then maybe talk about some of the cards like how they would fit in different decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robbie M.
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think your deck spotlight should include budget decks. Not everyone is buying 4 boxes at launch. These people are going to need help assembling a deck with a starter and a handful of packs that won't auto lose to Mr. Suitcase and his mains and toys deck. Even the secondary market itself can be a topic of discussion. Is Vader worth $20 because he's Vader or because he's a good card with good stats and a good effect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Scott
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
roborob wrote:
I think your deck spotlight should include budget decks. Not everyone is buying 4 boxes at launch. These people are going to need help assembling a deck with a starter and a handful of packs that won't auto lose to Mr. Suitcase and his mains and toys deck. Even the secondary market itself can be a topic of discussion. Is Vader worth $20 because he's Vader or because he's a good card with good stats and a good effect.

Discovering competitive, budget decks will ALWAYS be a popular topic of conversation so I definitely second this. While I do intend to purchase a feed at launch, I'm unlikely to dump a ton of money into this beyond that. I've never been a "gotta collect it ALL" kind of guy. I want enough cards for sufficient diversity without cashing out my retirement.

A similar topic of discussion could be how to use lesser used cards effectively. Unfortunately in CCGs, there are always a handful of cards that you NEVER see hit the table. It might be cool to find uses for those cards in the game that people just haven't thought of yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Sugiyama
United States
Altamonte Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mjmogg wrote:
What's the podcast called I ll give it a listen

The podcast i s called Knights of Ren. You can find us here https://www.facebook.com/knightsofrenpodcast/ HOWEVER the first episode will be ready sunday.

And to everyone else, I love the budget deck idea and using the less popular cards thing. We can definitely put that into motion when we get an established meta. Its always fun to build a effective budget deck and win tournaments with it and at this rate, I sincerely believe it is a possibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
danny marr
msg tools
i am also starting a online ting for this game
I figured i tried to get a online group together to play this game when it game out for online wise
https://www.facebook.com/Starwarsdestinyonline4u

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.