Subject: Who Says There is a Subtle Racism Problem in the US? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: Forests_Aren't_Real [+] [View All]
Todd McMurray

Chickopee
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good-ole boy contributor to USA Today recommends running over NC protestors.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/glenn-reynolds-instapund...=&

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Charming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
it's Sam Bee's fault, obviously
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pontifex Maximus
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
[q="darthhugo"]Good-ole boy contributor to USA Today recommends running over NC protestors.

Definitely not a subtle one. One of the "joys" of the Trump candidacy is that this kind of hateful crap is now coming back into public discourse
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McMurray

Chickopee
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kumitedad wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
[q="darthhugo"]Good-ole boy contributor to USA Today recommends running over NC protestors.

Definitely not a subtle one. One of the "joys" of the Trump candidacy is that this kind of hateful crap is now coming back into public discourse

The thing about plagues, is that they are always there, waiting to be unearthed.

Since 2010, Donald Trump, Club for Growth, and Tea Party has been the shovel digging into the shit pile. Turn that over enough times and a turd with Hanta pops up.

I guess it was silly for my old ass to believe they were long eradicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That is one good thing, they are showing their true faces again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fightcitymayor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Proprietor and Chairman Emeritus of The Naughty Palace
mb
Kumitedad wrote:
I have almost expected a 1970 "Hard Hat Rally" type of flashpoint event to occur, given the proclivities of Trump supporters, and it might still happen. October in election years can be a wacky thing.

For those unfamiliar, I'll wiki it for you:
Quote:
At 7:30 am on May 8, several hundred anti-war protesters[6] (most of them high school and college students) began holding a memorial at Broad and Wall Streets for the four dead students at Kent State. By late morning, the protesters—now numbering more than a thousand—had moved to the steps of Federal Hall, gathering in front of the statue of George Washington which tops the steps. The protesters demanded an end to the war in Vietnam and Cambodia, the release of political prisoners in the United States, and an end to military-related research on all university campuses.[3][7][8]

At five minutes to noon, about 200 construction workers converged on the student rally at Federal Hall from four directions. Nearly all the construction workers carried American flags and signs that read "All the way, USA" and "America, Love it or Leave it".[9] Their numbers may have been doubled by others who had joined them as they marched toward Federal Hall. A thin and inadequate line of police, who were largely sympathetic to the hardhats' position, formed to separate the construction workers from the anti-war protesters. At first, the construction workers only pushed but did not break through the police line. After two minutes, however, the hardhats broke through the police line and began chasing students through the streets. The workers chose those with the longest hair and beat them with their hard hats and other weapons, including clubs and steel-toe boots. Onlookers reported that the police stood by and did nothing.[3][7][8]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McMurray

Chickopee
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fightcitymayor wrote:
Kumitedad wrote:
I have almost expected a 1970 "Hard Hat Rally" type of flashpoint event to occur, given the proclivities of Trump supporters, and it might still happen. October in election years can be a wacky thing.

For those unfamiliar, I'll wiki it for you:
Quote:
At 7:30 am on May 8, several hundred anti-war protesters[6] (most of them high school and college students) began holding a memorial at Broad and Wall Streets for the four dead students at Kent State. By late morning, the protesters—now numbering more than a thousand—had moved to the steps of Federal Hall, gathering in front of the statue of George Washington which tops the steps. The protesters demanded an end to the war in Vietnam and Cambodia, the release of political prisoners in the United States, and an end to military-related research on all university campuses.[3][7][8]

At five minutes to noon, about 200 construction workers converged on the student rally at Federal Hall from four directions. Nearly all the construction workers carried American flags and signs that read "All the way, USA" and "America, Love it or Leave it".[9] Their numbers may have been doubled by others who had joined them as they marched toward Federal Hall. A thin and inadequate line of police, who were largely sympathetic to the hardhats' position, formed to separate the construction workers from the anti-war protesters. At first, the construction workers only pushed but did not break through the police line. After two minutes, however, the hardhats broke through the police line and began chasing students through the streets. The workers chose those with the longest hair and beat them with their hard hats and other weapons, including clubs and steel-toe boots. Onlookers reported that the police stood by and did nothing.[3][7][8]

Many a fucked up thing happened when Dick was Prez. The closest this country has ever slid towards fascism. We never really recovered, as the ghouls just went underground, hired PR firms, and bought nice suits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:

not exactly sure why this is a good thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How many of you, like me, think that these violent protesters and looters are unjustly giving blacks a bad name? A very high percentage of blacks would not engage in such activity but the news stories make it look like the blacks just poured out into the streets to riot and loot and break things. It's a joke - in the circles that I hang out in, the news stories instill the feeling that America would be far better off without blacks shake since they're a bunch of violent, destructive animals. Fortunately, common sense sets in after a while and people admit that the reports are highly biased.

However, I think there may be another thing working against blacks' PR here. After all, if someone wanted to cover up their own misdeeds and make it not the top story anymore, let's just change the top story. Problem is we have to find a few thousand blacks to riot and loot in Ferguson, Baltimore, and Charlotte. Oh no, they're not like that? You mean.... blacks are like NORMAL PEOPLE and you can't incite more than ten or twenty to riot? OMG, this is just not acceptable to our great leader Saul Alinsky. We must change the narrative - in order to take the heat off of us, we can't portray blacks as the normal people they are, we have to get people to hate them and make that story run forever so nobody is talking about us anymore! But we have deep pockets, maybe we can hire some mercenary blacks to make it look like blacks in every city are despicable animals rather than just normal folk that they are!

Oh no, who would do such an evil thing? Let's see, who is it convenient for to change the top story? In this case, it could be CAIR since the top story which ran over and over again was the bombings and stabbings, or it could be any diehard Democratic supporter that saw the Islamic threat as a boon for Trump (black violence doesn't seem to have the same boost for Trump as Islamic violence.) So my top three choices would be CAiR, George Soros, and the Clinton Foundation.

I remember thinking after both Ferguson and Baltimore how convenient it was for someone (either Islamists or Obama or Hillary) that the blacks stole the top story since at the time of each one of those, the top news which was going to run for several days was something that would make one of those look very bad. I don't remember what the story was, you see, I don't have the memory I had when I was 20; you should understand since the person you want as president seems to have memory lapses almost to the point of dementia when asked about Whitewater, BenGhazi, emails, or Clinton Foundation misdeeds. But in each and every one of these, I distinctly remember thinking that the rioting blacks stole the spotlight from one of these other groups, and without that stealing of the spotlight, whichever one it was at the time was looking really bad, and nobody talked about it anymore - now it was just those evil blacks.

C'mon guys, blacks aren't evil! I think there's a damn good chance that they are deliberately being painted to look evil. It's too bad, racial tensions are already bad enough without paying some black people to make their whole race look bad. So, if you're watching this and you get the feeling that it's part of the black culture, I urge you to think again. I think that's the picture that the Alinsky scholars want you to get.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Because we know who they are, and we know what to oppose (and who).

If Trump wins this election it is because the work of undermining the values and society he represents has not been completed. It shows that we cannot sit back and take it for granted the "good old days" are over.

It shows that there are far bigger threats to your liberties and values right on your door step then some bunch of loons in the middle east.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McMurray

Chickopee
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mightygodking wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Have you ever seen the Python sketch, "How Not to Be Seen"?

It's like that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McMurray

Chickopee
Massachusetts
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
Racist screed spewed...

Special place for you...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are all the protestors black?
Is protestor a protected class now?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
No, but running people over is a crime.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:

Protestor is not a protected class, protesting is a constitutional right though
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Leighton
England
Peterborough
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:

C'mon guys, blacks aren't evil! I think there's a damn good chance that they are deliberately being painted to look evil. It's too bad, racial tensions are already bad enough without paying some black people to make their whole race look bad. So, if you're watching this and you get the feeling that it's part of the black culture, I urge you to think again.

No blacks aren't evil but this isn't a deliberate frame-up either.

Learn some history and some psychology. Mob behaviour can be studied, and there is hundreds of years of history with examples of all white, all black, and mixed mobs. There are ways of policing that ameliorate the damage and looting and ways that make it worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
darthhugo wrote:
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
Racist screed spewed...

Special place for you...
I point out that the media may be increasing racism by giving a false, too negative picture of blacks, and I'm the racist?

Oh no, that can't be it. It is because I am attacking the very heart of the problem which is causing racist feelings where they shouldn't exist, the Alinskyites. I'm attacking the very force that is evilly changing the world order to the way you want it. You couldn't think of anything intelligent to show that I'm not right, so you resorted to Alinsky tactics yourself but trying to make me irrelevant. Good work. Alinsky would have been proud of you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kaitlyn Smith
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
andyl wrote:
Are you 100% sure? If so, how can you be sure? Because I can't believe that it's a coincidence that each one of these uprisings couldn't have come at a more convenient time. A quick Google search tells me that 194 blacks were killed by police this year. They could have chosen any ones of those to riot after but for some reason they chose the 3 that took the most heat off the Democrats. Coincidence? I don't think so.

By the way, my sweetie agrees with you - that black violence and Obama and Clinton misdeeds and Islamic terrorism are so common that the black violence could happen at any time whatsoever and it would cover up Democratic scandals and Islamic terrorism. So if you're saying that I'm wrong, you are supporting my sweetie's position, which is just sad. Please say it ain't so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
darthhugo wrote:
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
Racist screed spewed...

Special place for you...
I point out that the media may be increasing racism by giving a false, too negative picture of blacks, and I'm the racist?

Oh no, that can't be it. It is because I am attacking the very heart of the problem which is causing racist feelings where they shouldn't exist, the Alinskyites. I'm attacking the very force that is evilly changing the world order to the way you want it. You couldn't think of anything intelligent to show that I'm not right, so you resorted to Alinsky tactics yourself but trying to make me irrelevant. Good work. Alinsky would have been proud of you.

What's with the Alinsky fetish. I when I hear righties drone on and on about him all I hear is dog whistles and see the face of Jesus on a corn-flake. People write things people do things they aren't always connected, BTW.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
All the little chicks with crimson lips, go...
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
andyl wrote:
Are you 100% sure? If so, how can you be sure? Because I can't believe that it's a coincidence that each one of these uprisings couldn't have come at a more convenient time. A quick Google search tells me that 194 blacks were killed by police this year. They could have chosen any ones of those to riot after but for some reason they chose the 3 that took the most heat off the Democrats. Coincidence? I don't think so.

By the way, my sweetie agrees with you - that black violence and Obama and Clinton misdeeds and Islamic terrorism are so common that the black violence could happen at any time whatsoever and it would cover up Democratic scandals and Islamic terrorism. So if you're saying that I'm wrong, you are supporting my sweetie's position, which is just sad. Please say it ain't so.

Your sweetie is delusional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
TheDashi wrote:

Protestor is not a protected class, protesting is a constitutional right though

Shutting down the freeway system and looting Wal-Mart is not a constitutional right.

Suggesting motorists run them down isn't necessarily a racist statement, given they were literally standing in the middle of a freeway. Maybe he was just pissed that a group of people decided to harass another group of totally innocent people because of the actions of a third group.

It's certainly hateful and violent to suggest the protesters be run down. No argument there. But so is throwing rocks off an overpass onto innocent bystanders because you're angry at the cops. Much worse, in fact, because it's not just words. It's potentially murdering someone who has nothing to do with anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric "Shippy McShipperson" Mowrer
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
Ami. Geek.
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaitlyn_Res wrote:
andyl wrote:

I don't think so. There have been violent protests after just about every one of these types of shootings all year and into last year. I don't think this has anything whatever to do with election timing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGK
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
slatersteven wrote:
mightygodking wrote:
Because we know who they are, and we know what to oppose (and who).

We also see their behaviour regularly, which normalizes it, which is the opposite of what we supposedly want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xuzu Horror
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Obviously the acts of violence are worse than words - that is not in dispute.

But, that does not make the words less despicable.

I don't care if it's racist or not, it's devaluing human lives.

Joking about such things is always in poor taste.

And, to think they are timing protests to distract from other events is way into conspiracy theory territory.

Plus, I am very against hacking people's e-mail, but it has been publicly rampant this election. I find it unlikely no one would have revealed such connections yet on this if it had any basis in reality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [8] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.