Popular Tags: [View All]
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy of &cetera was missing 2 black steam-ships and 2 glass counters.

I contacted Splotter Spellen twice but i got no answer back.

Anyone with similar problems?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re:Missing parts...
...still no answer from them regarding the missing parts...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
Nearing Weathertop
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan (#24027),

Hi GeoMan - I've found Splotter are a little erratic in replying, but they always seem to come through. Missing parts are annoying, however two steamships and two glass beads missing still leaves you a heck of a lot of game to play I'm sure they'll be replaced.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dougadamsau (#24804),

Of course i could easily replace the missing parts with parts from another game, so it is not a gameplay issue.

The problem is that when you buy an expensive game or expansion (keep in mind that this expansion costs more than a newly released Amigo boardgame) you expect some quality service.

So far i am dissapointed from Splotter - they should at least reply to their customer's emails - and i see no reason why i should support them in the future buying their games...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sterling Babcock
United States
Longmont
Colorado
flag msg tools
admin
Winkles is here to help!
badge
Please let me know how I can help you.
mbmbmbmbmb
I, too, am missing a part. It looks like I am missing 1 black truck. I still need to contact them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J C Lawrence
United States
Campbell
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GeoMan (#24817),

As is quite clear from their web site and other communications, Splotter Splellen is at core a bunch of college kids who play games and managed to let themselves be persuaded to sell a few of the games they play on the side. It is not a business in the tradional capitalist sense, but rather a minor hobby with inconveniences. You can like this, you can not like this, but given how obvious it is there's really very little validity in complaining about it -- you implicitly accepted these facts going in when you dealt with them.

BTW: You did note the calendar periods during which they don't reply to email?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Canada
Gatineau
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
clearclaw wrote:
there's really very little validity in complaining about it -- you implicitly accepted these facts going in when you dealt with them.

There must have been something written on the box which we missed, right? shake

GeoMan, I am curious whether or not you received those replacement parts, and how long it took? I'm missing two wagons, so I need to go through the same process.

There is no doubt the game can still be played, but as you say, it is very annoying given the $200 price tag (base game and expansion).

Cheers,
Denis

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.