Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Eclipse: New Dawn for the Galaxy» Forums » News

Subject: Cross-platform version (PC/Mac/Android/iOS) available rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Łukasz Łazarecki
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
A new version of Eclipse is available!

On Steam: http://store.steampowered.com/app/522030/
On Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.bigdad...
On App Store: https://itunes.apple.com/pl/app/eclipse-new-dawn-for-galaxy/...

It features a cross-platform multiplayer, but new features like expansions will also be added (as DLCs/IAPs).

There's already a quite active topic on the BGG about it (I answered a lot of questions there): http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1620450/eclipse-pc-mac-steam...
3 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
flag msg tools
Just downloaded it via Steam and I'm quite pleased so far. The latest iOS update to the app (for iOS 10 I assume) now strains my iPad 2 and some of the latest changes don't excite me anyway - what I really want to see is the expansion material introduced.

As for the PC version, so far it performs identically to the iPad version but more smoothly so that's a relief. I've seen some criticism from some video-gamers that there is no "save game" function. There is but not the kind they want. There is an "undo" function that lets you redo an individual action, and if you close out mid-game the "resume" function will put you back where you left off. But no, there is no opportunity to save your game just before a big battle or an exploration action or whatever. What people need to realize is that this is a direct port of an extremely popular boardgame called Eclipse and, as such, there are no do-overs if you get a bad die-roll, or don't like the tile you drew or the ancient discovery - just like you wouldn't if you were playing on the board. The game is excellent as it is but cries out for the expansion material to be folded in at some point!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Łazarecki
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Just letting you know that a new update has just been published. It fixes some annoying problems and adds turn timers for online games. Check it out.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Doe
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
b005t3r wrote:
Just letting you know that a new update has just been published. It fixes some annoying problems and adds turn timers for online games. Check it out.


Could you let me know how to create a private online game? I'm connect via Steam and I have no friend list to select from, and can't seem to figure out how to add to it.

Thank you.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Barlowe
United States
Clarks Summit
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
PlayerZ wrote:
b005t3r wrote:
Just letting you know that a new update has just been published. It fixes some annoying problems and adds turn timers for online games. Check it out.


Could you let me know how to create a private online game? I'm connect via Steam and I have no friend list to select from, and can't seem to figure out how to add to it.

Thank you.


Looks like cannot do private cross platform play, only public.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Doe
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
Phuntom wrote:
PlayerZ wrote:
b005t3r wrote:
Just letting you know that a new update has just been published. It fixes some annoying problems and adds turn timers for online games. Check it out.


Could you let me know how to create a private online game? I'm connect via Steam and I have no friend list to select from, and can't seem to figure out how to add to it.

Thank you.


Looks like cannot do private cross platform play, only public.


Thank you! I was wondering about that. So, I have to set up a public game and get my friends to join? I'll try that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Łukasz Łazarecki
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
You should be able to create cross-platform private game. Currently you can do so only with Facebook and/or Steam friends, so you need to make sure your friends have registered these accounts in the game.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.