$35.00
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate
flag msg tools
I've just engaged a fight with Volkare's army and I'd love to have some suggestion on what the best moves might be.

Here's my hand, my skills and my units:

Mana source:

Advanced actions and spells offer:

Enemies:

Thanks for the help!

---

Translation:

Freddo: Chill / Lethal Chill
Ristabilirsi: Restoration / Rebirth
Imbrigliare lo spazio: Space Bending / Time Bending
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Giacomo, in the future, please consider posting games that pertain to the expansion (which Volkare clearly is) in the Lost Legion Shades of Tezla expansion forum. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Some units I don't know, so must be after LL.

Can the lower right skill be used in solo? I thought it should be taken out.

You have no crystals?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate
flag msg tools
Desiderata wrote:
Giacomo, in the future, please consider posting games that pertain to the expansion (which Volkare clearly is) in the Lost Legion Expansion forum. Thanks.

Sorry, will do.
Actually some of those cards and tokens are from Tezla, so I thought that Mage Knight base game was the better choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giacomo Fusetti
Italy
Turate
flag msg tools
Randor20 wrote:
Some units I don't know, so must be after LL.

Can the lower right skill be used in solo? I thought it should be taken out.

You have no crystals?

Actually, if I'm not wrong, black faced skills have to be taken out, while white faced ones can be kept playing solo.

Nope, just a blue crystal... some unfortunate choices in the previous round :/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonny Lawless
United States
Bountiful
Utah
flag msg tools
Love my girls!
badge
My name is Glenn! Long have I carried Cyrus's hopes and dreams, and now I bear the Masamune as well! Henceforth, I claim them as my own! I shall slay the Fiendlord Magus and restore our honor!
mbmbmbmbmb
Desiderata wrote:
Giacomo, in the future, please consider posting games that pertain to the expansion (which Volkare clearly is) in the Lost Legion Shades of Tezla expansion forum. Thanks.

This seems like silly advice to me. So if you're playing with multiple expansions which forum do you post to? Seems like he actually found the perfect place for this discussion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Liam
Scotland
flag msg tools
admin
I am BGG's official honey trap
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved from Mage Knight Board Game to Shades of Tezla Expansion.

(As the expansion is core to the question. If the question focused on multiple expansions I'd leave it in the core set forum.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Humulus Lupulus
United States
Andover
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
monkeyhandz wrote:
Moved from Mage Knight Board Game to Shades of Tezla Expansion.

(As the expansion is core to the question. If the question focused on multiple expansions I'd leave it in the core set forum.)

Why? Wouldn't it be appropriate in the latest expansion it pertains to (as in this case)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Ah - didn't know that about the white skills . Must start to include these when playing solo.

To the combat. Had to read up on the Telsa rules, but here it goes.

RANGED/SIEGE:

Lethal chill on Cursed Hags (now at 1 armor) using blue crystal and black die.

Use skill to gain 1 blue crystal.

Use Catapults with blue crystal to take out Cursed Hags + Crossbowmen.

BLOCK:

Block Vampiric Dragon: Wound Swordsmen to give 6 block + use Golems to give 2 block + use skill to give 1 block (so it can later give + 1 attack). Note that the dragon didn't get to wound the Swordsmen, so it doesn't gain from its ability.

ASSIGN DAMAGE:

Skeletal warriors - goes to Golems, which restists the damage.

Freezers - goes to Ice Mages, which restists the damage.

Volkare and Lightning Dragon goes through to give you 4 wounds in total.

ATTACK:

Use Howl of the Pack and Pure Magic sideways for 4 attack + Chivalry for 3 attack + 1 attack from skill used earlier. That makes 8 attack to kill Vampiric Dragon.

Either Improvisation or Book of Wisdom sideways + Deadly Aim for 3 attack. Ice mages for 4 ice attack. So 7 attack to kill the Freezers.

RESULT:

4 wounds + 2 cards left. Regeneration is one of the 2 cards, so can then be used next turn to refresh 1 unit and heal 2 with a green die, while the other card can be discarded in a Standard Rest to allow other 2 wounds to be discarded. 20 fame + 1 token gained (I think - no idea what it is good for). Lightning Dragon and Skeletal Warriors left.

OTHER IDEA:

RANGED/SIEGE:

Use Catapults with blue crystal to take out Crossbowmen.

BLOCK:

Ice Mages to give 1 blue crystal + 1 blue mana.

Chill on Vampiric Dragon with blue mana.

ASSIGN DAMAGE:

Cursed Hags - goes to Golems, which restists the damage.

Freezers - goes to Ice Mages, which restists the damage.

Skeletal Warriors - goes to Catapult wounding the unit.

Volkare and Lightning Dragon goes through to give you 4 wounds in total.

ATTACK:

Use red die + blue crystal to power Pure Magic for 7 attack. Chivalry for 3 attack. Improvisation sideways + Howl of the Pack for 4 attack. That gives 14 attack to take out the Lightning Dragon.

Wound Swordsmen to gain 6 attack. Golems give 2 attack. Book of Wisdom sideways + Deadly Aim give 3 attack. In total 11 attack to take out Skeletal Warriors + Freezers.

RESULT:

4 wounds + Regeneration left. Can then be used next turn to refresh 1 unit and heal 2 wounds with a green die. Skill can be used to heal 1 more wound and gain a blue crystal. The card drawn could be discarded in a Standard Rest to discard the last wound. 18 fame + 1 of each token gained. Vampiric Dragon + Cursed Hags left.

Hope I didn't miss anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten Jorgensen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Alternative to last idea of the two:

Rotate the small enemies: catapults take cursed hags, skeletal warriors damage resisted by golems, crossbowmen wound catapults and gets killed together with freezers. Then 1 damage from catapults is not wasted (2 fame more, but not the token from skeletal warriors).

Blue crystal + healing should of course be used right away after combat. So an extra card will be drawn.

Then there is room to let the enemy wounding catapults go through instead. Though if last round it gives the same score (ice mages are likely the best choise to refresh with regeneration). What is best depends which healing cards are left in deck.

Edit: Never mind that about being room for more wounds. With 18-20 fame more, you will get to level 9. And so draw up to 7 cards next turn. Then okay to take 5 wounds, no matter what. That is unless you have many wounds in your deck - then better with just 4 wounds and option 2), so just 3 wounds left in hand when drawing new cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.