Subject: Seize rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
GeeKenny GeeKenny
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

Is control needed to perform the Seize command in an area?

gr,
Kenny.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeeKenny wrote:
Hello,

Is control needed to perform the Seize command in an area?

gr,
Kenny.
No, any region with Roman pieces can be selected for seizing. This could even be an undefended ally.

However, to disperse tribes Roman control is needed in the region.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeeKenny GeeKenny
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ok, do the warbands only attack when I disperse, or also when gattering resources?
And when may the Gallic tribes free rally, when taking resources/disperse a tribe or on both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
Is your score positive? You win! (Some players win more than others.)
badge
A woman needs a man like a fish needs a saxophone.
mbmbmbmbmb
GeeKenny wrote:
ok, do the warbands only attack when I disperse, or also when gattering resources?

"Harassment. Lastly, each Faction with Warbands in the selected Region may opt to inflict Losses on Roman pieces there..."
Selected Region refers to any regions selected to get resources from.

Quote:
And when may the Gallic tribes free rally, when taking resources/disperse a tribe or on both?

"Rally. For each Tribe just Dispersed (receiving a Dispersed marker), the Arverni then the Belgae each roll a die and, on a 1, 2, or 3, may free Rally in each Region possible (3.3.1, not in Devastated) adjacent to that Dispersed Tribe’s Region."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GeeKenny wrote:
Harassment happens in every region selected for the command, not just where tribes are dispersed.

No free rallies unless tribes are dispersed. If any tribes are dispersed both Arverni and Belgae roll one die each per dispersed marker placed and, if 1, 2, or 3 is rolled, rally in each region adjacent to the one where a tribe was dispersed. You'll need to track which roll is for which marker.
Note that this is one die per dispersed tribe, not one die per region where tribes are dispersed!

I'm not quite sure if they should get to see the results of all rolls before executing the rallies, but that's how I have always played it.
Another thing I'm not 100% sure about is if Vercingetorix allows Arverni to free rally in devastated regions, but I believe he does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marc lecours
Canada
ottawa
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Does the free rally also occur in the Arverni home region even if there are no Arverni allies or wooden pieces there ? (the Arverni normally get to rally one warband there). If so, the same would apply to the three Belgae regions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rubberchicken wrote:
Does the free rally also occur in the Arverni home region even if there are no Arverni allies or wooden pieces there ? (the Arverni normally get to rally one warband there). If so, the same would apply to the three Belgae regions.
I don't see why that wouldn't apply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rubberchicken wrote:

"Rally: ... may free Rally in each Region possible (3.3.1, not in Devastated) adjacent to that Dispersed Tribe’s Region."

Per 3.3.1, Rally is possible in "any Regions that are not Devastated (4.3.2) and (to have effect) with that Faction’s Control, Ally, Citadel, Arverni Leader, or 'Rally' Symbol."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex P
France
La Plaine St-Denis
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And, per 3.3.1, "VERCINGETORIX: The Arverni may Rally even in a Devastated
Region if that Region has Vercingetorix."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jesse Custer wrote:
And, per 3.3.1, "VERCINGETORIX: The Arverni may Rally even in a Devastated
Region if that Region has Vercingetorix."
The (3.3.1, not in devastated) could be interpreted to mean "as per 3.3.1 but never, under any circumstances, in devastated regions"
I don't think that is what they meant and that it should be read as "as per 3.3.1. Remember, usually no rallying in devastated regions" but am not sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tucker Taylor
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
The (3.3.1, not in devastated) could be interpreted to mean "as per 3.3.1 but never, under any circumstances, in devastated regions"
I don't think that is what they meant and that it should be read as "as per 3.3.1. Remember, usually no rallying in devastated regions" but am not sure.

My general interpretation is that things in parentheses are reminders, not strictly rules. So, as you say.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.