Recommend
16 
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Wargames» Forums » General

Subject: NEW ASL PREORDERS! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Kruse
United States
New Orleans
Louisiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
New ASL preorders: Red October and Red Factories which combines Red October with Red Barricades (RB with redone map art).


http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Products/tabid/58/ProductI...

http://www.multimanpublishing.com/Products/tabid/58/ProductI...

Now call me crazy but i think i prefer the older style map art.

original

new
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roy Bartoo
msg tools
mbmbmb
They have no mercy on my poor bank account. Fortunately I already have Red Barricades. Unfortunately I also preordered the limited reprint of Festung Budapest.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sadler
United States
Olney
Maryland
flag msg tools
From the Halls of Montezuma...
badge
...to the Shores of Tripoli...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And GCACW updates for Here Come the Rebels and Roads to Gettysburg in one product and a new Atlanta game. Bye Bye, money.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Burden
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Best news I have heard all day. Now I don't have pay someone on ebay for a copy of Red Barricades. I do like the new maps better, not as much orange in the color, more pleasing to the eye in my opinion. I also like the news about the GCACW. Now if only they would get on to that reprint of ASL: A Bridge to Far I would be happy, happy, even more happy .
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
JASONMKRUSE wrote:
Now call me crazy but i think i prefer the older style map art.

original



I don't think you're crazy.

I, too, prefer the original.

The hexes look more appropriately blood-soaked.

devil



(Really excited about the GCACW "Ark of the Covenant" bundle! Seriously, I think my face will melt when I open that when it arrives centuries from now. OK, months.).
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Ramos
United States
Nolensville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
For me it's kind of a no-brainer to get the Red Factories Bundle even though I already have Red Barricades. Replacement counters for my older set, maps that match up with Red October - that alone is worth the $24 pre-order price difference.

Definitely in on the GCACW bundle, even with already owning the original Roads to Gettysburg. Would like to have the new treatment and revisions as well, much like Stonewall Jackson's Way II.

So yeah, go ahead MMP, keep me dipping into my retirement fund so that I can fund yours!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alec Clair
France
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
164$ shake

I think RB was initially priced below 30$. And it is still as good as ever to play.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mitchell
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know what you have to say, it makes no difference anyway: whatever it is, I'm against it!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
deltarn wrote:
164$ shake

I think RB was initially priced below 30$. And it is still as good as ever to play.


Well, between 1989 and 2016, inflation has been about 100%. And since the Red Factories package includes all of Red Barricades, plus two more maps (four total) and six more countersheets (eight total), $164 seems maybe a tad steep, but not all the much when you account for the fact that AH was owned by a printing press. *shrug*
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zigi Hogan
United States
The Ozarks
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
What's it going to be then, eh?
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
RandomLetters wrote:
They have no mercy on my poor bank account.


Unfortunately mine has been taking a beating since they chose 2016 to print Beyond Valor: ASL Module 1 AND Yanks: ASL Module 3! And trying to round up the rest of the in-print modules (now that they are playable!) that are scattered here and there.

However, Festung Budapest and Red Barricades: ASL Historical Module 1 are reprints that REALLY needed happen. Even with the screams coming from the direction of my bank account I will have to get them all!
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zaccardi
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This was a day maker for me! Thank you MMP! heart
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
patton1138 wrote:
deltarn wrote:
164$ shake

I think RB was initially priced below 30$. And it is still as good as ever to play.


Well, between 1989 and 2016, inflation has been about 100%. And since the Red Factories package includes all of Red Barricades, plus two more maps (four total) and six more countersheets (eight total), $164 seems maybe a tad steep, but not all the much when you account for the fact that AH was owned by a printing press. *shrug*


The real reason is the lack of mass production. When the number of units decreases, the unit price goes up. These small-scale hobby projects are great, but they ain't cheap because not enough of them are made.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Zadiraka
United States
Holland
Ohio
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea, but compare their prices to what GMT turns out. GMT's prices are much lower for equivalent components, and they even print their color coded rules books in color.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Mitchell
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
I don't know what you have to say, it makes no difference anyway: whatever it is, I'm against it!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Radz wrote:
Yea, but compare their prices to what GMT turns out. GMT's prices are much lower for equivalent components, and they even print their color coded rules books in color.


Maybe? The closest GMT parallel to this I thought of is The Battle for Normandy, which has a few more components and is $149.

To the extent there is a significant difference, it's almost certainly due to GMT printing in China and MMP not.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rory McAllister
Ireland
Derry
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BeatPosse wrote:
And GCACW updates for Here Come the Rebels and Roads to Gettysburg in one product and a new Atlanta game. Bye Bye, money.


The Atlanta game is the one that I have been waited for. That is going to be an awesome addition to the GCACW series. I considered not getting the Roads to Gettysburg/Here Come the Rebels update since I already own and enjoy both games but when I saw that they are fixing the unbalanced scenarios in both games and adding additional scenarios, I was hooked. These will both be great additions to the series.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Hatch
United States
San Pedro
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
banshy1 wrote:
For me it's kind of a no-brainer to get the Red Factories Bundle even though I already have Red Barricades. Replacement counters for my older set, maps that match up with Red October - that alone is worth the $24 pre-order price difference.


Yeah, I like the new map design (I always prefer the cleaner look), but the replacement counters make it an instant buy for me. No side nubs? Yes, please!!!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.