Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew O
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Poll
1. Did you initially back the project for: the game only, the chibi only, or both?
Game Only
Chibi Only
Both
2. Has your initial pledge changed?
Yes $1 to Chibi
Yes $1 to full game
Yes, Chibi to $1
Yes, Chibi to full game
Yes, Full game to Chibi
Yes, Full game to $1
Yes, Dropped completely
No Change
      108 answers
Poll created by mroseksi
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no interest in chibi. If other people like it and spend tons of money on them, good for everybody.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew O
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
I have no interest in chibi. If other people like it and spend tons of money on them, good for everybody.

As long as it boosts our pledge levels to unlock more SGs thats what I care about... Plus it might be a good mini to practice painting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Williams
msg tools
In my mind the two questions are unrelated to each other, I backed the game before the announcement of the chibi figures, and I dropped my pledge from Dark Legion to $1 before the announcement of the chibi figures. Chibi figures are not a make or break thing for me, they're not even on my radar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew O
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cooper1977 wrote:
In my mind the two questions are unrelated to each other, I backed the game before the announcement of the chibi figures, and I dropped my pledge from Dark Legion to $1 before the announcement of the chibi figures. Chibi figures are not a make or break thing for me, they're not even on my radar.

I was trying to see how the Chibis affected the campaign and people's minds.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Highlord Tamburlaine
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Switched to just chibis.

They still get my money and support, I get something quirky and interesting that takes up a lot less shelf space.

...doesn't hurt that my brother is backing it for the game though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
You can't handle the truth?
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have no idea what a Chibi even is.

I can say with certainty that it in no way affected my pledge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loig Roumois
Switzerland
Baden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I see no appeal in chibis... selling mine as soon as I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Chibis add nothing. As soon as I get them, I'm selling them off. If they don't sell, I'm throwing them away.

They are a completely useless addition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Olds
United States
OREM
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a contrast to all of these nay-sayers, I will be constructing a Siege of the Citadel set populated entirely by Chibis.

I played the old game, and was happy that it would have new life. However, while the minis are very good, they don't call to me. So I was ready to pass on the whole thing.

Then I saw the Chibis, and they changed my mind. I'm backing for a full Dark Legion pledge and several boxes of Chibis. I'll be converting everything that they don't provide (or using older minis- the Heartbreaker Razide and Fantasy Flight Ezoghoul are just about right to be fighting little cartoon people).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troels Rohde Hansen
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like chibi figures and i like all other kinds of figures.

As such, the Chibi figures does nothing for my pledge, or how much I look forward to the game in general.

Before backing, I considered Base Game + Chibi, because I think it would be fun to add him to my SDE. But I jumped right into Dark Legion pledge, because of the Luna City Expansion.

More or less chibi will do nothing, add or detract from my anticipation of this game.

Troels

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Freelance Police
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if any of you don't want 'em, I'll take 'em!

Trade preference for the SF Bay Area.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Galen Teschendorf
United States
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
Yah, this poll tells us nothing. I cannot see anyone dropping a pledge or reducing their pledge amount because of a single free chibi figure, so anyone pledging for the chibis is just extra funds.

Personally the chibi definitely peaked my curiosity. I was not aware of the campaign until after the chibi existed, and seeing it was really a WTF moment. Wanting to learn why they made a chibi kept me reading more of the kickstarter page and updates. I'd definitely love to hear that phone call. "You want us to make a what figure!?" I find the juxtaposition of the Mutant Chronicles setting and the chibi aesthetic to be hilarious. In the end the figure will probably end up as a tchotchke for my computer desk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGAC California
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Secret Apprentice wrote:
Yah, this poll tells us nothing. I cannot see anyone dropping a pledge or reducing their pledge amount because of a single free chibi figure, so anyone pledging for the chibis is just extra funds.

Personally the chibi definitely peaked my curiosity. I was not aware of the campaign until after the chibi existed, and seeing it was really a WTF moment. Wanting to learn why they made a chibi kept me reading more of the kickstarter page and updates. I'd definitely love to hear that phone call. "You want us to make a what figure!?" I find the juxtaposition of the Mutant Chronicles setting and the chibi aesthetic to be hilarious. In the end the figure will probably end up as a tchotchke for my computer desk.

There's...like...three or four of them now. I have no idea why...unless someone was sitting around and ran out of ideas. Truly one of the dumbest additions to a sci-fi dungeon crawl I've seen in a long while.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xris Wraith
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I normally like Chibis, but in this case, the price and material dissuade me from getting them. But I am backing at the base $149 now and will stick to this, I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.