Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Horn
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, so in our last game, the player who had the Aztecs and Incas decided to play an Engineering card, which states that the active empire receives two forts as part of its force pool. Now, it's already been determined that the Aztecs and Incas are two separate empires, hence, they can't combine moves to build a monument. So, should each empire receive two forts, or one empire receive two forts, or should the player be able to allocate two forts in any manner he so desires (two for one or one each)? We resolved this by allowing him to have two forts per empire since there was no other guidance on this we could find. He won the game. Coincidence?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Bacher
United States
Greenwood
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Okami
mbmbmbmbmb
We always ruled that the active player gets two forts to use any way s/he sees fit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark J
United States
Monroe
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I've always played it that as they have one "empire card", they function as a unit. Any event cards apply to both equally, as if they were a single empire. Like if you play a Leader card, then both get the benefits of the leader. If you play a Plague card, there's one plague. Etc. So I'd say an Engineering card means you get 2 forts to be divided between the two in any manner you like: both to the Aztecs, both to the Incas, or one each.

I never though about whether they can combine resource lands to build a monument. Maybe that just never came up in any game I've played. Though if you allow them to combine, presumably the Aztecs could grab California and the Incas already have Northern Andes. Hmm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Young
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Old Ways Are Best!
badge
Check Six!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think that would be "on." Although the two empires are received as one, they still operate as separate empires. Sure, if you play a leader card it would apply to both, but the areas captured by each are still related to them as separate empires and the monuments are associated with the empire they reside in. I believe that neither the Incas nor the Aztecs can build a monument based on the armies they are assigned and what areas are available to them to expand into.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
United States
Sarasota
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The empire of the player's choice would get 2 forts but not both. So either the incas or the aztecs gets 2 forts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.