Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Howdie to all in North America!

I am starting this thread with the intention of addressing availability of Police Precinct right here in our backyard.

A quick rundown...

MEXICO:

Sorry to say that it's not all that easy to get down south.

USA:

It has been completely sold-out and reprinted many times. Recently a new supply has surfaced and it's a fairly large one that we hope will last a long time (on the other hand we hope the opposite)

This "new" supply was sitting in a warehouse in Atlanta (all but forgotten -- long story -- I'll spare you) but it's now available to all GTS dealers far and wide (that basically means US & Canada).

So, if you live in the USA and want it, just nudge your favorite game store about getting it in (tell them to use GTS as the source -- we have an exclusive with them).

CANADA:

The situation in Canada is very similar to the USA, but I will offer the details in the next post (see below).

ROW:

Since this thread is about North America, I don't want to say much about ROW (the "rest of the world") except that supplies are thin and possibly nonexistent by this point in most areas of the world. When North America gets low again, we will look to place an order for more to be made in conjunction with our next new game (Kickstarter pending). As that production is completed we expect Police Precinct to once again make it to the EU and hopefully other areas (Australia, Brazil, New Zealand, etc).

APP:

If you live in a place where Police Precinct is hard to find (or even if you don't) you do still have an alternative (and a really cool one at that -- imho), which is to get the app. It's not dirt cheap when compared to other apps out there, but it is dirt cheap compared to getting the cardboard version (especially in distant places like Europe & Australia) and in comparison to what the app cost to make (it was a major undertaking involving many people working together and multiple companies all coordinating -- a true labor of love).

It can be played solo, or pass-and-play with friends in-person (smart phone or tablet), along with an online version which enables you to play with others in any location around the world!

I challenge anyone to win in the Chief mode. It is the highest setting and is designed to be nearly impossible. That said, I plan to be the first to actually do it. I am currently on my 44th attempt and having a ball being crushed under the weight of a massive crime wave over and over! Wish me luck.

meeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
THE CANADIAN SUPPLY-CHAIN:

Here's how it works in general...

Any Canadian game store can buy games from GTS (our exclusive distributor for North America). So if you live in Canada and want the game, tell your FLGS to get it in from GTS.

Here's how it works with 401 specifically...

They have been trying to keep it in stock and make it available to anyone in Canada, therefor we are trying to help them keep that going.

They buy it from Grosnor who gets it from GTS.

The supply dried up recently, but things are happening now such that more seems to be on the way.

If you want a copy of the game, I recommend reaching out to 401 and seeing if they would be willing to allowing you to pre-order it now.

Thanks 401 for all you do for gamers in Canada!

thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sirron Young
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of you in the US...just saw this deal.

https://www.amazon.com/Common-Man-Games-Precinct-Edition/dp/...

Seems to be at a very good price in my opinion. Oh how I wish it would ship to Canada....argh...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nla_game wrote:

Seems to be at a very good price in my opinion. Oh how I wish it would ship to Canada....argh...

That pricing is CRAZY cheap!

I really don't get it.

And free two day shipping!!!

I wish you were visiting relatives in the US for x-mas or somethin' like that!

DANG

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sirron Young
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yea. Going to see if I can find someone that I can ship to in US and then bring it to me. The price is insane..thus why I was worried if it was legit or not. lol.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nla_game wrote:
Yea. Going to see if I can find someone that I can ship to in US and then bring it to me. The price is insane..thus why I was worried if it was legit or not. lol.

I don't understand how they can sell at that price, BUT...

I would 100% trust any item listed on Amazon (esp if it's listed as a "Prime" item).

in that sense, I think it's legit.

meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Missy F
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm still waiting for the Kickstarter to launch as I would like more than just the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sirron Young
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was hoping for that but I didn't want to wait to play just the base game by then. So thought I'd get the game now and hope the next kickstarter will allow me to "catch up" on anything I missed..whether they be promos or expansions...hopefully...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nla_game wrote:
I was hoping for that but I didn't want to wait to play just the base game by then. So thought I'd get the game now and hope the next kickstarter will allow me to "catch up" on anything I missed..whether they be promos or expansions...hopefully...

I would say that sounds like a realistic hope.

meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mystek wrote:
I'm still waiting for the Kickstarter to launch as I would like more than just the base game.

Where are you located Missy?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nla_game wrote:

100% legit....just got my copy today (awesome Amazon Sunday deliveries. I bought this on Wed.

I wanted to jump on the forums because I still can't believe the price of what they are selling for ($25.) I can't explain it but I took the deal! Please don't buy and flip. Just let those of us that have been wanting this game forever get a chance to get it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just noticed this auction opportunity to pick up the game...

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/217940/item/5065326#item5...

meeplemeeplemeeplemeeplemeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Missy F
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Common Man Games wrote:
Mystek wrote:

Ontario Canada - I wanted to save on shipping so I'm waiting for the Season 2 Kickstarter to get both the base game, season 2 and all the expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mystek wrote:
Common Man Games wrote:
Mystek wrote:

Ontario Canada - I wanted to save on shipping so I'm waiting for the Season 2 Kickstarter to get both the base game, season 2 and all the expansions.

I agree with your thinking, that makes good sense!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.