Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Keith Hammons
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Has anyone made additional map tiles? The terrain is such a minor part of the game's variable set-up that it isn't at all a detriment to repeated plays, but it would be cool to have a couple more.

We generally play two-tile games and it seems like there are two options - either a "fast" map and a slightly slower swampy one. This was a quick observation though, so we could be wrong.

Also, given that all the map tiles have edge symbols but mostly don't fit, I presume the designer wanted to leave the option open for more tiles, whether fan-made or official.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Felli
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah... aligning the border markings would create my view of the world. For the time being, I don't have plans to release new terrain tiles so please feel free to make your own if you like and share them with the SoM community.

If I followed a few rules that you may want to consider when making a terrain tile:

1. Each tile should have 1 city, 1 mystic, 1 Gate, 3 strongholds, and 6 lairs.

2. The mystic hex is always adjacent to the Gate hex.

3. Each tile should have some roads, bridges, and/or paths to help avatars move along a "movement corridor." Water may also provide a "movement corridor" but make sure that each land mass always has a launch so that the avatars can get back into the water (that is, your tile should not have areas where the avatars can exit the water and then be stuck).

4. Try to include varied terrain types and try and place the strongholds and lairs on several different terrain types.

I look forward to seeing what you come up with!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.