Hide
13 Posts

One Night Ultimate Werewolf» Forums » General

Subject: game broken? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
maitqt huqet
msg tools
we play alot 7 or 8 ppl everyday and we have all villagers in play.
sometimes even tanner.

90% of the time villagers win?

only if someone robbed a wolf, or tanner made a very lucky round therd is a chanse of village loosing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ditch the villagers and add more interesting roles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Drury
Canada
Longueuil
Quebec
flag msg tools
The only stupid question... is the one you don't ask!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We usually only use Villagers as tutorial roles. Once all the player get the hang of the game, they never come out of the box again.

Assuming you have only the base game, with 8 player, try this setup.

Doppelgagner
Werewolf
Werewolf
Minion
Seer
Robber
Troublemaker
Drunk
Insomniac
Hunter
Tanner

This should shake hings up fairly well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Weird, we actually make sure at least two villagers are in the game so that werewolves have something to claim to be.

What roles are you using for your plays? If you are using the masons, we've found that to dramatically increase the chances of villagers winning.

For 8 players I'd recommend:

Villager
Villager
Villager
Werewolf
Werewolf
Troublemaker
Robber
Seer
Minion
Drunk
Tanner

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
rippmaster wrote:
sometimes even tanner.

only if someone robbed a wolf, or tanner made a very lucky round therd is a chanse of village loosing.
if you have 8, try out

Wolf 2x
Minion
Tanner
Robber
Troublemaker
Drunk
Insomniac
Villager 3x

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next total solar eclipse holiday in 2017 in the USA.
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
Weird, we actually make sure at least two villagers are in the game so that werewolves have something to claim to be.

Werewolves can claim any role they want. Robber or troublemaker are fine. Claiming Werewolf or even Tanner is not unheard of. Most players do not claim their actual role anyway. The first cards to take out are villagers, and for lower player counts the Seer is out as well.

Everyone should note that making the village win is not their goal. Each individual player is trying to win, so you should not volunteer information that will help villagers win when you could've been made a werewolf during the night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
mbmbmb
ayejae wrote:

What roles are you using for your plays? If you are using the masons, we've found that to dramatically increase the chances of villagers winning.

Villager
Villager
Villager
Werewolf
Werewolf
Troublemaker
Robber
Seer
Minion
Drunk
Tanner
I would say 2-3 Villagers are pro-wolf. I don't always play with Villagers but if I do, you have to use at least two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
Giant Fire Breathing Robot
badge
gfbrobot.com
mbmbmbmbmb
rippmaster wrote:
sometimes even tanner.

Are the werewolves just claiming to be a villager and allowing the Troublemaker/Robber/Seer to state what they saw with impunity?

If everyone is honest, the village team will usually win. But that doesn't meant that you will win.

Example: I'm the Seer and I say, "I looked at Bill's card and he's a wolf." All true. Then Sally the Troublemaker says, "Oh, I switched you and Bill." Now the village wins, but I lose. Because I told the truth.

For me to win, it's important that I not simply shout out the secret information I have gained, but instead use it to try and figure out what team I am on, and only then use that information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
ayejae wrote:

Werewolves can claim any role they want. Robber or troublemaker are fine. Claiming Werewolf or even Tanner is not unheard of. Most players do not claim their actual role anyway. The first cards to take out are villagers, and for lower player counts the Seer is out as well.

Their town is winning too much, and as Clyde pointed out, having Villagers helps the wolves, so I certainly wouldn't recommend they take them out of their games.

Of course wolves can claim to be whatever (and often do), but forcing werewolves to claim a unique role makes it harder on the wolves because they may have to complete. Villagers give wolves a safer option if they want.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Albano
United States
Bloomfield
NJ
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Initially, part of the reason why a lot of villages win no problem is because people haven't learned to "lie" in this game yet. Why not tell the truth?

But once you told the truth and then were screwed because of it, you learn.

For example, Sammy goes, "I'm the Seer and Mike was the Werewolf!"

Tom exclaims, "I was the Troublemaker and switched Mike and Sammy! Kill her!"

Sammy will now never be as forthcoming ever again.

Once people realize that telling the truth does not set you free, the layers will start to come off more slowly as people agonize over what to say, what not to say, and when to say it. This, in turn, favors the Werewolves.

But also, adding Daybreak gives you many options to make the Werewolves more complex and make the teams much more interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
maitqt huqet
msg tools
ayejae wrote:

Villager
Villager
Villager
Werewolf
Werewolf
Troublemaker
Robber
Seer
Minion
Drunk
Tanner

this is a common setup. 60-70% villager win. problem is eaven if everyone is lyin, by tha last minute or 30 seconds all villagers need to claim their role anyway.

baiting by falsely robbing or troublemaking dont work anymore after 100+ games.

ive heard about daybreak, but reviewers say it overcomplicates things. man this game were fun in the beginning before everyone knows the meta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Janne
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rippmaster wrote:
ive heard about daybreak, but reviewers say it overcomplicates things. man this game were fun in the beginning before everyone knows the meta.

I don't think Daybreak overcomplicates anything unless you especially choose roles for that purpose (for example having Doppelganger, Witch, Alpha Wolf, Village Idiot, Robber, Troublemaker, PI, Curator, Mystic Wolf in the same game). There are fun new roles to mess up the meta.

Quote:
Villager
Villager
Villager
Werewolf
Werewolf
Troublemaker
Robber
Seer
Minion
Drunk
Tanner

For example for the above role setting, swap Seer with Apprentice Seer, one Villager with Alpha Wolf, one Wolf with Dream wolf.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rippmaster wrote:
ayejae wrote:

Villager
Villager
Villager
Werewolf
Werewolf
Troublemaker
Robber
Seer
Minion
Drunk
Tanner

this is a common setup. 60-70% villager win. problem is eaven if everyone is lyin, by tha last minute or 30 seconds all villagers need to claim their role anyway.

baiting by falsely robbing or troublemaking dont work anymore after 100+ games.

Well, 60-70% is better than 90%, lol!

Have you tried swapping out the Seer with either the Doppelganger or Insomniac?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.