Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

The Dwarves» Forums » General

Subject: So is this thing dead? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Mohnkern
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
deekerston wrote:
Kickstarter was supposed to be delivered last year, Pegasus has not answered folks in the comment section for six months, updates are rarely given, and when they are, little information is given, etc... Pegasus since the start of this project had PROMISED clear, frequent communication, and that they "wouldn't leave us hanging" and immediately after funding "left us hanging"....


So they ran a Kickstarter campaign, got funded and didn't deliver? Or did they not start their Kickstarter?

I'd been waiting for the english edition to come out... Or an english version kickstarter.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
deekerston wrote:
Kickstarter was supposed to be delivered last year, Pegasus has not answered folks in the comment section for six months, updates are rarely given, and when they are, little information is given, etc... Pegasus since the start of this project had PROMISED clear, frequent communication, and that they "wouldn't leave us hanging" and immediately after funding "left us hanging"....


It doesn't seem dead to me. They are still sending updates.

Patience seems appropriate at this point.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Their last update on Kickstarter (September 1) say that they will begin deliveries next month.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pegasusspiele/the-dwarv...
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Brum
United States
Ewa Beach
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's my understanding is that this should start being shipped to backers at the end of October 2016.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Runcible Spoon
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
deekerston wrote:
Yah, I don't think so based on their past updates promising stuff that they didn't deliver. I know it's eventually coming, just not when they say it is...


So you obviously don't believe it is "dead"...you could have just answered your own first post instead of all this.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Brum
United States
Ewa Beach
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
deekerston wrote:
Goldwing2001 wrote:
It's my understanding is that this should start being shipped to backers at the end of October 2016.



Based on what?? Last I heard Pegasus indicated (if you want to believe their word) that they would receive the games this weekend...



Sorry I can't recall how I was informed of this. But also remember being told that the game will be available for sale at Essen Spiel and will ship to backers right after.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived in the UK this evening, so I can confirm it is not dead!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Fildes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
BrianJohnHunt wrote:
Mine arrived in the UK this evening, so I can confirm it is not dead!


Yep, I collected mine today. Have cracked open the boxes and first impressions are good.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marty McFly
United States
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
We have a "hunting" weekend in about a month. Hopefully, it will make it to the US by then.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ann-Charlotte Eriksen
Sweden
Sturkö
Blekinge
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I recieved mine in Sweden yesterday and it is superb quality and awesome value for money, even if it took some time it was worth it.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Teixeira
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My package arrived yesterday here in the UK.
Very nice quailty, but my Saga expansion is missing every one of the 86 wooden components - great!!!
I have requested a replacement set from Pegasus - I hope they act on this quickly.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Brum
United States
Ewa Beach
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Latex Jedi wrote:
My package arrived yesterday here in the UK.
Very nice quailty, but my Saga expansion is missing every one of the 86 wooden components - great!!!
I have requested a replacement set from Pegasus - I hope they act on this quickly.


That's awful the wooden components are missing. Even more unfortunate is that Pegasus has shown "quickly" is not in their vocabulary.

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Teixeira
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Pegasus has replied very quickly to say they put a complete set of the wooden components in the post and they should be with me in 2 weeks as this is Germany to the UK.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Brum
United States
Ewa Beach
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Latex Jedi wrote:
Pegasus has replied very quickly to say they put a complete set of the wooden components in the post and they should be with me in 2 weeks as this is Germany to the UK.


Great news. I'm surprised. Hope you receive them soon!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jay Barlow

Plymouth
msg tools
mbmbmb
Can anyone post a pic of the wooden box please
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saibo Ter
msg tools
badge
Hello
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wurzul wrote:
Can anyone post a pic of the wooden box please


I will post some pictures as soon as I receive my copy (should be today or tomorrow).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saibo Ter
msg tools
badge
Hello
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If this is the dark wood box I wonder how the bright one looks...

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lee
Switzerland
Near Zürich (Kloten)
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you please post a photo of the different minis? Mine still hasn't arrived :/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Saibo Ter
msg tools
badge
Hello
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Duplexo wrote:
Can you please post a photo of the different minis? Mine still hasn't arrived :/


Another user already posted a comparison picture on the The Dwarves: The Saga Expansion page:

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Teixeira
United Kingdom
Birmingham
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My missing wooden figures have now turned up. At last this kickstarter is finally complete! Don't mention the miss matched expansion plastic figures scale issue which I think will take ages if at all to resolve.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.