Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Paulo Vicente dos Santos Alves
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there any adaptations to the Middle Earth Battles?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. But if Battles of Westeros had been Battles of Middle Earth, it would have been more successful.

It's just a partially broken, needlessly complex game that got very little online support from it's designer. It's been maybe two years since I've busted it out. I'm going back through my collection and revisiting my older games and it's coming up in the rotation.

A bgg user named Kentoad supported this game more than the designer. laugh
It is a hybrid of the whole Commands and Colors line of games.... only it lacks the elegance of the other titles. Who knows... maybe it'll click with me this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kent Reuber
United States
San Mateo
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There were some unofficial War of the Ring/Battle of Five Armies scenarios done for Battlelore available at http://static.battleloreadventure.com/en/?ip=50.33.220.82. Unfortunately, the files are listed by number, rather than name.

War of the Ring scenarios: 263, 576, 580, 1432, 1973, 1982, 2682, 3465, 3479.

Battle of Five Armies: 103, 3444, 4249
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cracky wrote:

It's just a partially broken, needlessly complex game that got very little online support from it's designer.

I'm not an expert of the game as I only played through the base box but I respectfully disagree on the "partially broken, needlessly complex" part. I played several C&C games and I think BOW has it's own merits. The errata, and optional rules, released by the same designer, do improve considerably the experience of play. Even if BOW has some resemblance with BattleLore 1st edition, it has a completely different flavor. The game mechanics is more focused on the role played by the army leaders, the characters of the books or TV series. It has an interesting flanking rule and the possibility of coordinated attacks and evasion (optional rules) present a number of tactical challenges. The map is huge for C&C standard, allowing for increased troops maneuvering. The scenarios are also considerably longer to play than those of BattleLore.

Edit: Grammar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.