Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve R Bullock
United States
Palm Coast
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Market has them- I just ordered them and hope they arrive before Cthulhu devours the Earth!

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgmad22.html

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgmad21.html
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chick Lewis
United States
Claremont
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Miniature Market is a great company. I always order from them if I have ANY choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm waiting for at least a 30% off sale, FFG's obnoxious new pricing policy has done a great job of stopping me from impulse buying almost everything FFG makes. I'm convinced GW broke up with them due to FFG copying their silly price-fixing practices. There can be only one obnoxious company selling Warhammer products!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clinton Rice
United States
Chino
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
SpoDaddy wrote:
I'm waiting for at least a 30% off sale, FFG's obnoxious new pricing policy has done a great job of stopping me from impulse buying almost everything FFG makes. I'm convinced GW broke up with them due to FFG copying their silly price-fixing practices. There can be only one obnoxious company selling Warhammer products!

While I understand the desire to get everything for pennies on the dollar, I don't consider their pricing scheme obnoxious. As someone with an excellent FLGS where I both buy and play games, I love their decision to not give brick and mortar stores the shaft by letting online retailers take all their business.

When the physical stores close, good luck expecting Amazon to host a tournament of X-Wing or Splendor. Amazon doesn't support the hobby or the hobbyists the way real stores do. They undermine it.

So it's only obnoxious if you hate FLGS and want physical stores to go away. Do you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:
SpoDaddy wrote:

While I understand the desire to get everything for pennies on the dollar, I don't consider their pricing scheme obnoxious. As someone with an excellent FLGS where I both buy and play games, I love their decision to not give brick and mortar stores the shaft by letting online retailers take all their business.

When the physical stores close, good luck expecting Amazon to host a tournament of X-Wing or Splendor. Amazon doesn't support the hobby or the hobbyists the way real stores do. They undermine it.

So it's only obnoxious if you hate FLGS and want physical stores to go away. Do you?

I don't have a FLGS, the closest game store is 45 minutes away and I do all my gaming at my house. I support my favorite FGS whenever I'm passing by, but no I don't feel a moral obligation to give a huge markup on my gaming purchases to stores that don't add value to my gaming life. Does that mean I "hate" game stores? Don't be melodramatic and silly. FFG telling me they need to price fix because I'm buying and enjoying their products the wrongbadmean way is obnoxious.

BTW, most online game stores are also FLGS, don't they also have the same divine right to gamer dollars as other FLGS?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Augustine
United States
AUSTIN
TX
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
KoalaXav wrote:

I wouldnt have a problem with the local stores closing. I organize my gaming via Facebook and Meetup. Gaming events at local restaurants or peoples houses. Having a splendor tournament at a store I dont shop at is no bonus for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Marley
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, ouch that price is not for me. Sigh. Maybe there will be a sale someday.

As others have said, the price point matters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure why game stores are supposed to be artificially sheltered from technological advances. The internet has made shopping more convenient and affordable for the consumer. Game store owners that can't figure out how to make money competing against the internet have no moral right to thrive.

There are a couple game stores in my state with friendly, helpful owners that do smart things like running tournaments with hefty prize support, offering good food and a free library of boardgames to try before you buy, frequent shopper discount programs, etc. Those stores don't seem to suffer at all against internet retailers. If they weren't so far away from me I'd probably use them more.

The ones that suffer are the lazy ones that just hang a shingle, stock games at MSRP, and act entitled to a gamer's business by divine virtue of being a brick and mortar game store. I resent FFG price fixing under the guise of supporting such stores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
julian hoddy
msg tools
After seeing some unboxing on youtube, i'm going to wait and see if they bring out any free scenarios for the base game first.

I'd rather invest my money in Eldritch Horror, which i don't have, rather than just one extra scenario for MoM. Far more replayability for an almost equal outlay!

Win / Win for FFG then!....or do i buy "reign of Cthulhu" instead just to spite them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher
United States
Unspecified
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
juleshoddy wrote:
After seeing some unboxing on youtube, i'm going to wait and see if they bring out any free scenarios for the base game first.

I'd rather invest my money in Eldritch Horror, which i don't have, rather than just one extra scenario for MoM. Far more replayability for an almost equal outlay!

Win / Win for FFG then!....or do i buy "reign of Cthulhu" instead just to spite them?

To be fair, the new tiles and monsters and heroes add more replayability and variety to the existing 4 scenarios as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.