Subject: List of Cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeremy Rivea
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mb
My preorder should be arriving within the next 2 weeks, so I can post myself then but is there a blog post or forum post where anyone has posted the list of race and terrain cards and their abilities? I have gotten to play every other week at our local board game meetup and I'm trying to pre-plan a unique strategy to try out for Machine but keep running into gaps when I try to think about what cards to try for...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Jeremypenguin wrote:
My preorder should be arriving within the next 2 weeks, so I can post myself then but is there a blog post or forum post where anyone has posted the list of race and terrain cards and their abilities? I have gotten to play every other week at our local board game meetup and I'm trying to pre-plan a unique strategy to try out for Machine but keep running into gaps when I try to think about what cards to try for...

The default Faction cards' resources are tuned roughly against the strengths and style of the faction. All of them have an Enable Scoring, and a few basic tactics, typically: Move Unit from one Objective to another.

There are four Terrain Tactics, all of which share the same content, and you cannot choose which you get (you get to draw 2, keep 1).

The Terrains are associated with a particular action:
Mountain: Gain 3 Wrenches for build
Jungle: Gain 2 Recruit
Ocean: Gain 2 Move
Desert: 1 of each with a card draw bonus

Note: Doing this from memory and I always get Jungle and Ocean mixed up, so sorry if I'm wrong.

The tactics within let you:

Add a Unit from Reserve
Add up to one Unit each from adjacent Regions
Force an opponent to move a unit
Reverse order of resolution
Move up to two Units from one objective to another

With machines, you're going to want to grab mountains. machines are a slow burn, so you'll want to get Mountain cards to have a few big, early Build Structures Actions so you can get your battle fortress slicing and dicing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samuel Taylor

Alabama
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those of us who have the game on pre-order, but haven't yet been able to play... can we get a list of what all the factions' buildings and skills do as well (it isn't always easy to see what the text says when looking at pictures of the game)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant Rodiek
United States
Redwood City
CA
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
tayl0496 wrote:
For those of us who have the game on pre-order, but haven't yet been able to play... can we get a list of what all the factions' buildings and skills do as well (it isn't always easy to see what the text says when looking at pictures of the game)?

We have a series of articles coming out on that. I also wrote an FAQ with that information, but I'm waiting on Portal to approve it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Spray
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A question for you concerning adding one unit from an adjacent region. In a 2-3 player game when you control the Trogs in a battle, if you play this affect, do you just grab a Trog from the reserve and leave the nests in the adjacent region? Also, does there have to be a Trog nest in an adjacent region to use this card? Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Graham Gass
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
You can't really use that card as the trog controller in 2-3 player games. It requires figures to be grabbed from adjacent non-battle regions, but since trog figures are replaced with tokens as soon as their battles are resolved, there's no way for there to be any trog figures in non-battle regions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Spray
United States
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's all I needed to know. That works for me. Just wanted to make sure I was playing it right. Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.