Popular Tags: [View All]
Fred Buchholz
United States
Middleton
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1, Scenario is Escape from Dol Guldur:
I have Aragorn (Lore) Elladan and Elrohir heroes.
If Elladan is the prisoner does Elrohir still get the Plus 2 to defense for Elladan being "still in play"?
The quest card says:
"That hero is considered a "prisoner", cannot be used, cannot be damaged, and does not collect resources, until it is "rescued" ..."
Is the hero that is the "prisoner" still considered "in play"? If so then the +2 for Elrohir defense would apply.
OR would the phrase "cannot be used" apply some way to Elladan to prevent Elrohir from gaining the ability on his card(Elrohir isn't the prisoner).
I can't find where it says the prisoner is "not in play" or "considered not in play" like the Nazgull card is specified in set up.

2. Scenario is Journey to Rhosgobel - Wilyador Forced effect:
IF I have Healing Herbs the card says to Discard itself and exhaust the hero it is attached to, Would the exhausting of the hero count as the card effect and the hero have to be discarded as well?
I don't think so because it is the "Healing Herbs" Card causing the exhausting as well as discarding itself to heal all damage on 1 character (in this case Wilyador card stops that at "5" damage from any one effect). This can be a life saver if the Athelas is running short, So trying to make sure I'm playing that correctly, Card Healing Herbs removed from game Hero stays and is exhausted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1) I think he counts for Elladan/Elrohir. Here's the relevant thread:

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/97427-capture...

Caleb says there that the hero is "definitely still in play", but does not contribute "anything other than its uniqueness (i.e. I cannot play an ally version of the "prisoner" hero)." So the *name* is in play, and that's all that Elladan/Elrohir's card really care about.

2) I agree -- remove the Healing Herbs since it actually did the healing. The hero exhaustion is a cost for exhausting Healing Herbs, it's not actually doing the healing, so the hero is not removed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.