Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Burke Martin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The player count should be edited because the base game alone does not play 1-3 as stated. I ordered the game and am a little miffed to find out that I have to spend another $70 just to get the solo AI deck. I know this hasnt been done maliciously but if I knew that id have to spend $120 for a solo experience i would have been much more careful in scrutinizing the game information. Until now most of my exposure to the game has been videos and a very brief viewing of this page, which says in rather large lettering, 1-3 Players. Simply not the case.

Maybe this is a case where you can have something like:

2 Players(1-3 Players with additional content)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
brkmrtn wrote:
The player count should be edited because the base game alone does not play 1-3 as stated. I ordered the game and am a little miffed to find out that I have to spend another $70 just to get the solo AI deck. I know this hasnt been done maliciously but if I knew that id have to spend $120 for a solo experience i would have been much more careful in scrutinizing the game information. Until now most of my exposure to the game has been videos and a very brief viewing of this page, which says in rather large lettering, 1-3 Players. Simply not the case.

Technically though, like many wargames listed on BGG, the game is playable solo if you play both sides. The solo deck simply adds new solo missions/AI to control the aliens.

Misleading to some, but pretty standard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dundy O
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
"Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
brkmrtn wrote:

The game plays well by playing both sides. It's easy to do in this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Burke Martin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:

Misleading to some, but pretty standard.

In this case, it was misleading to me and im simply stating the issue so that it may be avoided in the future. I have loads of games that I can play both sides but I thought this was going to be along the lines of the Eastern Front expansion for CoH.

Oh and Kevin, this is all your fault because it was your SGOYT post that sparked my interest! whistle

P.S. Is the solo AI deck included in the print and play edition?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin Hassar
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brkmrtn wrote:
P.S. Is the solo AI deck included in the print and play edition?

Nope. Print and play edition is base game only.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Although the game can indeed be easily played solo, technically unless a game has specific solitaire rules included, then it should not be listed as a 1 player game. A note later in the description could then clarify that solo player rules can be purchased separately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ichirou wrote:
Although the game can indeed be easily played solo, technically unless a game has specific solitaire rules included, then it should not be listed as a 1 player game. A note later in the description could then clarify that solo player rules can be purchased separately.

This age-old debate won't be settled by this one game.

But for the record, the box for Night of Man says "Players: 2" so that's the official answer, regardless of what BGG shows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.