Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A K Vikhagen
Sweden
Gothenborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

In the rulebook, Building outposts is paragraph 11.4 (page 16).

11.1 Settle planets, 11.2 Building space station and 11.3 Completing missions are listed as supplementary actions, and you have to choose one of them.

But 11.4 Building outpost can be done in addition to any of the three other actions given that the conditions are met, right? And that is why it is not on the player aid?

If so, it should not have been marked as 11.4 in my opinion, as it gives the impression that it is one of the supplementary actions.

Also, the titles of the sections 11.1, 11.2, 11.3 are not the same on the player aid for the English version. In the German version, it is.
"Settle planets" in the rulebook becomes "colonize planets" on the player aid, and "Completing missions" becomes "fulfill mission".

I get the point, but it's bad practice to use different terms for the same thing in something as important as the player aid. Just my opinion. In general, I'd say the English rulebook would have benefited from a little more love and care.

edit: typos
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, the English rulebook has some German bits in it as well... Yes, it could've used few more rounds of editing.

But yes, I believe you are correct, building outposts can be done after you settle a planet, build a space station or complete a mission, as an additional move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Keller
Switzerland
Schwanden i.E.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ups, didn't see the question until now:
Yes, they can be build as an additional move under specific circumstances.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.