Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Burton
United States
Jupiter
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I originally bought P:RoC for the minis to use them on Eldritch Horror; but after 3 solo plays I like this game. It is worth the money. Cthulhu is a hot commodity but this is a welcome 'starter' game to the theme.

The condensed rule book is easy to learn and follow. It can be unboxed and played within 1/2 hour of learning the rules. I played solo with two investigators and lost, but it was fun while it lasted.

The game components, as would be expected, are wonderful. I am having a blast painting the mini's. The board is similar to Arkham Horror in being based on a cities from the Lovecraft books. I am a big fan of Lovecraft's mythos (which is why I bought the game) and the four towns are true to the Lovecraft stories.

I have not played any of the other Pandemic series of games so I was impressed by the game mechanisms.

It is a definite buy but I wonder about the repeat playability. It does not have the depth of story and experience of Arkham or Eldritch Horror but it is a great game to break in new gamers to the Lovecraft Mythos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davi Rosa
Brazil
Brasília
DF
flag msg tools
badge
From the Dungeons and Dragons 80's cartoon. If only it was remade...
mbmbmbmbmb
I am betting there will be expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean O'Carroll
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'd like to see some expansions. Should be easy to do more Great Old Ones, relics, and characters, for example.

As for replayability, it's a fun forty minutes and I'd certainly break this out when friends come over. Takes its place next to Catan, Ticket to Ride, et cetera. I won't play it every time, but I will play and enjoy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lev Koszegi
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I haven't had a chance to play with a group yet, but I likewise played through it solo three times with four, two and two adventurers, respectively.

I liked it quite a bit. It has the atmospheric ambience of Arkham Horror, but with much faster setup and play, and fairly simple rules. And all three times I've played, it's been quite challenging and suspenseful. Lost once to an army of cultists, and both times I won,it was very close. As in, last-turn-or-we-lose close.

I definitely recommend it, and am curious to see if they come out with expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mortego
United States
New Kensington
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tezza23 wrote:
I'd like to see some expansions. Should be easy to do more Great Old Ones, relics, and characters, for example.

That would be the best kind of expansion for this game, imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to also see new monster figures that behave differently to the Shoggoths.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.