Subject: high council effect mandatory or optional? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
When selling to the high council, is the potion effect mandatory or optional? We assumed mandatory, as there was generally a thorough marking of stuff that was optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
jepmn wrote:
When selling to the high council, is the potion effect mandatory or optional? We assumed mandatory, as there was generally a thorough marking of stuff that was optional.

If you read the Potion Ability Index, the word "may" is used for most of them, indicating they're optional. Of course, I didn't use "may" for the one that gets you an extra $10 or that makes your transactions more favorable, since there's no reason you would decline to use those.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
chaddyboy_2000 wrote:
jepmn wrote:

If you read the Potion Ability Index, the word "may" is used for most of them, indicating they're optional. Of course, I didn't use "may" for the one that gets you an extra $10 or that makes your transactions more favorable, since there's no reason you would decline to use those.

Ah, okay, that's clear. I think it's because we read off the specific powers, then didn't refer to that bit of the manual again when the question came up, only the bit that explains using powers when selling to the HC.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.