Subject: Should I wait? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joe H.
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
I just discovered this game, and it looks super fun. BUT I see that Grimslingers 2 is already in the works? Didn't this just come out? It doesn't seem to be available right now either so I don't know if I should buy it when/if its available or if I should just wait for 2? I am confused :V
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Llez wrote:
I just discovered this game, and it looks super fun. BUT I see that Grimslingers 2 is already in the works? Didn't this just come out? It doesn't seem to be available right now either so I don't know if I should buy it when/if its available or if I should just wait for 2? I am confused :V

Definitely don't wait! The game sold out super fast, so a 2nd print run is on the way but you can still nab the game online from places like Atomic Empire (but possibly not for too much longer).

Grimslingers 2 does not replace Grimslingers 1. It's a continuation of the story (but not an expansion).

And I haven't entirely ruled out making some smaller story expansions for Grimslingers 1.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sutphen
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Grimslingers 2 is going to be a completely different game. It's just using the Grimslingers theme.

So I'd recommend buying grimslingers 1 if you're interested.

Leave it to Stephen to reply with a full article before I can get a sentence out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksandra Kuhl
Poland
Warsaw
flag msg tools
acefury wrote:
Grimslingers 2 is going to be a completely different game. It's just using the Grimslingers theme.

Is it like Zombicide seasons thing? it's a standalone but can be mixed and whatnot?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H.
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
Aha, that's the clarification I needed. Calling it Grimslingers 2 [probably a placeholder name I'm guessing] confused me. I will now throw money at both things, when I can.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
a_kuhl wrote:
acefury wrote:

Is it like Zombicide seasons thing? it's a standalone but can be mixed and whatnot?

No sorry. Grimslingers 2 (and yes it's a placeholder name) will be too different for crossover. Might be possible if I give you stickers to put on the old Grimslingers?

I'm not sure! It's still early in its design. Money wise, I guess it's smart to expand on the core game so that the core game keeps selling but...I was never in this for the money! Grimslinges 1 will always be a great self-contained gem, Grimslingers 2 doesn't make it obsolete in the least.

Anywho, I'm rambling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
acefury wrote:

Leave it to Stephen to reply with a full article before I can get a sentence out

My spidey sense tingles whenever Grimslingers is mentioned...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe H.
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mb
ssgibson wrote:

No sorry. Grimslingers 2 (and yes it's a placeholder name) will be too different for crossover. Might be possible if I give you stickers to put on the old Grimslingers?

I'm not sure! It's still early in its design. Money wise, I guess it's smart to expand on the core game so that the core game keeps selling but...I was never in this for the money! Grimslinges 1 will always be a great self-contained gem, Grimslingers 2 doesn't make it obsolete in the least.

Anywho, I'm rambling.

Grimslingers; Tallest of tales or campfire tales...or Into the West. Unnecessary name suggestions I'm sure lol. Anyways very nice to see such a quick response, and a friendly game dev too! I support all of dis things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Royal Sc@m
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So just to be clear, there's a reprint of Grimslingers 1 with some corrections coming out and there's a Grimslingers 2 on the way also. Right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Gibson
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
royalscam123 wrote:
So just to be clear, there's a reprint of Grimslingers 1 with some corrections coming out and there's a Grimslingers 2 on the way also. Right?

I am working on Grimslingers 2. What GBG decides to do about that is undecided. Grimslingers 2 in no way is a re-do or replacement of Grimslingers 1. It's an extension of the universe and story. And Grimslingers 2 isn't going to be "better" than Grimslingers 1. So if you think Grimslingers is cool and you want to get involved, pick up a copy!

There's a 2nd print run being done with some clarifications. However, It's not so different that you should hold off on getting a copy of Grimslingers for it.

Lots of folks have the 1st edition and are having a blast!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.