flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On page 7 of the rulebook, it states:

Quote:
If this occurs, the second evil stirs’ Summoning card
will be the only card to “reshuffle,” ending on top of the
Summoning deck.

After resolving any Evil Stirs cards, remove them from
the game. Do not draw replacement cards for them.

Aren't these two statements contradicting each other? If I remove an Evil Stirs card after resolving the 4 steps, how would it end up on top of the Summoning Deck? I'm sure I'm missing something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Sims
United States
Bryant
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
So much for Pathos...
mbmbmbmbmb
Evil Stirs cards would go on the Player Discard pile.

I *think* what it's talking about on P. 7 is the Summoning card drawn from the bottom of the Summoning deck to place a Shoggoth.

So, if you are unlucky enough to draw 2 Evil Stirs cards back-to-back (from the Player deck), only the Summoning card drawn to place the second Shoggoth would get shuffled back in with the other Summoning discards and those then placed back on the top of the Summoning Deck (in Step 4 of Evil Stirs, Cultists Regroup).

I have not had this happen, so I don't know what you'd do with the first Summoning card drawn form the bottom for the first Shoggoth. Shuffle it back into the part of the Summoning deck that forms the bottom??

That sounds correct to me, but hopefully, Mr. Yager (who posts answers to rules questions here as he is the designer of the game) will chime in to settle it definitively.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Susan
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
www.Meetup.com/ArizonaGames
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
evil stirs’ Summoning card

the SUMMONING CARD is the only one on top, not the evil stirs card.

so the card you pull from the bottom of the summoning deck to place a shogoth - that card is 'shuffled' with itself and placed on top of the summoning deck to be drawn. So you'll end up with a Shogoth & an occultist on same city.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith B
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks to both of you. I read that wrong.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rcket scientst
msg tools
Not sure I like the klarified version. If you actually get two Evil Stirs in the same draw, why not get a little more mileage out of the second card? Makes things a bit more desperate. Good fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.