Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.drugtestsuccess.com/information/drug-detection-ti...

Urine drug detection period.
Time Drug / Drug Group
<24H Alcohol
1-4D Amphetamines
1-3D Barbiturates
1-3W Long-acting (Barbital, Phenobarbital)
1-3D Benzodiazepines
1-3W Long-term / Chronic Use
1-5D Cocaine
1-2D LSD
1-7D Marijuana (THC)
1-4W Long-Term / Chronic Use
Long note saying it's stored in fat. See the link for full text.
1-4D MDMA (Ecstasy)
1-4D Methadone
1-4D Methamphetamines
1-5D Opiates
1-7D PCP (Phencyclidine)
1-4W Long-Term / Chronic Use
Long note saying it's stored in fat. See the link for full text.

No political spin. Just came across this while researching other data and thought it was interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
What are you taking a drug test for?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:

It's a tough job, but someone has to test them.

WOoooooOOOoooo my fingers are typing themselves and my monitor is covered with butterflies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
I've heard that MDMA is likewise stored in fat (given flashbacks from people who used the drugs years prior who began exercising.)

My source is a bit spotty, though.

Edit: Upon thinking back, it might have been LSD in this instance I'm thinking of.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
Every job I've ever had as an adult has required a pre-employment drug screen and random drug testing during employment. I want to have a job, so I do it, but I feel that they should only be testing people for cause.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
Pushing a lesbian old growth union-approved agenda since '94.
mbmbmbmbmb
Terwox wrote:
I've heard that MDMA is likewise stored in fat (given flashbacks from people who used the drugs years prior who began exercising.)

It's lucky I'm a slender reed in that case or I would be throwing shapes at work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walt
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
In memorium. Bob Hoover died 25 Oct 2016 at 94. In WWII he was shot down in a Spitfire and stole an FW-190 to escape. He spent decades at air shows flying Ole Yeller, shown
badge
Please contact me about board gaming in Orange County.
mbmbmbmbmb
Some varieties of the drug types have long "half-lives". Many drugs have various strengths, doctors usually choosing by body weight. So, if you take one pill of a drug with a two day half life, in two days, you have half a pill in you; four days, a quarter pill; etc. It takes about two weeks to get down to 1% dose.

And that ignores the false-positive problem.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mac Mcleod
United States
houston
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I picked the wrong day to stop taking amphetamines!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
flag msg tools
Nothing happens for a reason, but everything happens by a mechanism
badge
Nitrogen Conservation Awareness: I pee in the yard
mbmbmbmbmb
sbszine wrote:
Terwox wrote:

It's lucky I'm a slender reed in that case or I would be throwing shapes at work.
And I happen to have the body type best described as "American," and the only thing my fat has ever radiated is garlic and flop sweat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have really enjoyed the king sized seats on US aircraft. I have also witnessed strange things, like the seatbelt extender (!), or the able bodied getting a wheelchair to the gate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
Terwox wrote:

Edit: Upon thinking back, it might have been LSD in this instance I'm thinking of.

You really needed to follow that up a few minutes later with "YEP, JUST HIT THE ROWING MACHINE, IT'S MDMA I WAS THINKING OF"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
sbszine wrote:
I have really enjoyed the king sized seats on US aircraft.

King sized!? I thought you said you weren't from the Shire!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Dearlove
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
SoRCon 8 27 Feb - 1 Mar 2015 Basildon UK http://www.sorcon.co.uk Essex Games 27 Jul '15
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jmilum wrote:
Every job I've ever had as an adult has required a pre-employment drug screen and random drug testing during employment. I want to have a job, so I do it, but I feel that they should only be testing people for cause.

And yet another instance of Americans so proud they are freer than anyone else demonstrating that they really aren't.

Now I'm not a good example, because I've been in the same job since graduating. And I'm in neither the sort of job there is a good reason for it (like driving a train or operating heavy machinery) or for the sort of minimum wage employer who can just do whatever they want to. So that I've not been tested doesn't prove anything.

But according to what I read, while drug tests here aren't unknown, and apparently increasing, the idea that every job involves a drug test is foreign (literally). Government advice on the subject (the law is unclear) says the employer needs to demonstrate a good reason, have it part of written policy, and random tests need to be actually random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
maxo-texas wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:

It's a tough job, but someone has to test them.

WOoooooOOOoooo my fingers are typing themselves and my monitor is covered with butterflies.
Bugger, I wondered who got the job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rusty McFisticuffs
United States
Arcata
California
flag msg tools
Dearlove wrote:
So that I've not been tested doesn't prove anything.

Well... I've had something like 7 employers over the last 20+ years, all software development jobs in California, & I've never been tested either. My feeling is, if it's easier to tell which of your employees are on drugs by testing their urine, rather than the quality of their work, I probably don't want to work there.

I was in a conference call once where a manager said we couldn't hire a guy who had a 215 (medical marijuana) card. I'm not sure that was legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Walking on eggshells is not my style
United States
North Pole
Alaska
flag msg tools
kuhrusty wrote:
Dearlove wrote:

Well... I've had something like 7 employers over the last 20+ years, all software development jobs in California, & I've never been tested either. My feeling is, if it's easier to tell which of your employees are on drugs by testing their urine, rather than the quality of their work, I probably don't want to work there.

I was in a conference call once where a manager said we couldn't hire a guy who had a 215 (medical marijuana) card. I'm not sure that was legal.

You aren't sure it was legal to tell an admitted felon who bragged he hadn't been caught yet to move along?

Sure. He could have had the card and not smoked pot.

Why would a responsible employer take that ludicrous risk? Just by having a known drug user on the premises they are risking property seizure.

None of it is just. All of it risky.

Some employers would take the risk. Can you fault the ones that don't? Most people don't want trouble. Hiring known drug users is asking for trouble.

It was legal. I'd take the risk. Would a more cautious man be wrong?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Billy McBoatface
United States
Lexington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
KGS is the #1 web site for playing go over the internet. Visit now!
badge
Yes, I really am that awesome.
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
Dearlove wrote:

You aren't sure it was legal to tell an admitted felon who bragged he hadn't been caught yet to move along?

Whatever happened to states rights?

Off to RSP we go...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Dearlove
United Kingdom
Isleworth
Middx
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wmshub wrote:
Koldfoot wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
Dearlove wrote:

Whatever happened to states rights?

Off to RSP we go...

You're there already!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
Just by having a known drug user on the premises they are risking property seizure.
...Hiring known drug users is asking for trouble.

Ever drunk alcohol or caffeine? You are a drug user.

Ever smoked a cigarette/ cigar? You are a drug user

Ever taken paracetamol/ ibuprofen? You are a drug user.

Apols for the pedantry, but I think you mean illegal drug user.

I raise this point to illustrate that not all 'drug' users are 'bad' (and that includes some illegal drug users too).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Born To Lose, Live To Win
United States
Cleveland Heights
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AdrianPHague wrote:
I raise this point to illustrate that not all 'drug' users are 'bad'
But you didn't, they could still be bad, we just decided not to make their drugs illegal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Hague
United Kingdom
Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
RAWKET LAWNCHA!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
TheChin! wrote:
AdrianPHague wrote:
I raise this point to illustrate that not all 'drug' users are 'bad'
But you didn't, they could still be bad, we just decided not to make their drugs illegal.

Read it again.

"Not all drug users are bad.", the fact that some users (illegal or not) are bad is inherently implied.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
non sequitur
United States
Elk Point
South Dakota (SD)
flag msg tools
Mandelbrot/Simurgh hybrid etc etc
badge
I made both of these fractals, hurray!
mbmbmbmbmb
Koldfoot wrote:
kuhrusty wrote:
Dearlove wrote:

Sure. He could have had the card and not smoked pot.

Why would a responsible employer take that ludicrous risk? Just by having a known drug user on the premises they are risking property seizure.

None of it is just. All of it risky.

Some employers would take the risk. Can you fault the ones that don't? Most people don't want trouble. Hiring known drug users is asking for trouble.

It was legal. I'd take the risk. Would a more cautious man be wrong?

I don't think it's legal to deny someone on medical reasons.

(I'm also unsure why that even came up on an application. If the guy broadcasted it on social media or something, that's fair game I believe, but if it was on an application as private medical info, I don't believe it is.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
kuhrusty wrote:
sbszine wrote:
I have really enjoyed the king sized seats on US aircraft.

King sized!? I thought you said you weren't from the Shire!

In the dimension of breadth. Height and legroom less so.

My next flight is on ANA, so may be genuinely hobbit sized.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.