Popular Tags: [View All]
miguel guerin
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I am a bit confuse how these crossroads cards are triggered. for example:
Sophie Robinson card: "If the player moves a survivor and Sophie is currently in the survivor deck" then ___

If Sophie is not in play? do we discard and play another card or do we ignore crossroad card? or do we play it even if Sophie is not active?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on what you quoted, this card only takes effect if Sophie is not active (i.e. in the survivor deck), as long as she hasn't died.

But if the if condition does not apply, then nothing happens. You do not draw a new card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
miguel guerin
United States
Redmond
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes sorry, I just pick a random card for example but you answered about if the condition does not apply section. I was very confuse on my first run of the game where a couple crossroads card the condition didn't apply to us as to what to do with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Broggi
United States
Southwick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometimes, crossroads cards never seem to take effect. Sometimes, they take effect almost every turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's impossible for it to trigger, you still keep it throughout the round. Optimally, you shouldn't give away any hint to its impossibility either. Keep the players on their toes ;)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davy Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Crossroads cards don't happen every turn. The person that drew it just kind of watches for the whole turn to see if it will trigger. If it doesn't trigger during that turn, they just quietly discard it, not telling anyone what it was. Then the next person draws a Crossroads card for the next turn.

In my experience, we usually have one Crossroads card trigger every 3-5 turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
richard spangle
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
one of the important things with Crossroad Cards, as was pointed out above, is to hang on to it through the players whole turn, NOT to discard it if it doesn't apply immediately. during the course of that players turn, it is possible that the card will trigger due to the players actions (such as moving a Survivor to a specific location, or drawing a specific Survivor from the deck).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.