Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've just got finished reading the rules to Labyrinth, and this afternoon, will start going through the solitaire play through. Just one question before I do that, though.

I see there are 3 different scenarios for the 2P game. Can I play any of these solitaire, or just the 2001-? scenario? The other 2 both appear to have variable set up, that requires input from the Jihadist player, and I didn't see any instruction on how to do that for solitaire play. I could have just missed something obvious.

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aly D
Scotland
Edinburgh
EH17 8LA. Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Play them all...enjoy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chuck reaume
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
All scenarios are playable either solitaire or against an opponent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you just randomly pick where the Jihadists place the extra Cells in the 2002 scenario? Or did I miss instructions on this?

Almost done with the play through, and will start a real game soon. What is the recommended set up? 2001 scenario with optional deck split?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gordon J
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Print and Play Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
ColintheFlea wrote:
Do you just randomly pick where the Jihadists place the extra Cells in the 2002 scenario? Or did I miss instructions on this?

Almost done with the play through, and will start a real game soon. What is the recommended set up? 2001 scenario with optional deck split?

Thanks,

Colin

Just play with the One Deck rule. Where you go thorough the deck once and then the game ends, if it lasts that long. In most of my plays, the game usually ends before the deck runs out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
patton55 wrote:

Just play with the One Deck rule. Where you go thorough the deck once and then the game ends, if it lasts that long. In most of my plays, the game usually ends before the deck runs out.

Cool. But what set up? Random deal, or sorted deck? Additional difficulty, or start at the easiest level? And which scenario? 2001, 2002 or 2003?

And do you end before the first deck because it's too easy? Or is your win/loss about even, just the games are short?

Thanks,

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
E V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My strictly personal, humble, opinion: given that these are your fist steps into Labyrinth, start with the first scenario (Let's Roll), standard length (1 deck), don't split the deck yet and don't tweak Jihadist Ideology.

Regarding Jihadist's input in the other scenarios' setup: Rule 9.5 says:

Quote:
Whenever the “Where?” flow charts (9.4.2), scenario set up, Jihadist event, or other instructions yield multiple, equal-priority country options on the map, or specify “random” or “randomly”, select randomly [...]

I've always picked countries usually selected by Jihadist player at random when playing solo.

I think Gordon's remark means that you could be defeated before the deck runs out (or at least I am too often).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
West Ward Hough
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Colin, I'll second the suggestion to play Let's Roll! with 1 deck, randomly shuffled with no Jihadist Ideology. You could also play a 2 deck game (if it lasts that long) to better get a feel for the rhythm of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Taylor
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great, thanks for the input.

And on that scenario set up, I knew I must have missed it, and it seems I did!

Colin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.