Subject: Losing the Game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
I finally bought this, I have been playing the app for a long time. I was surprised to see a few differences. The big one being able to replace investigators. Do you not lose until all 16 investigators have been devoured? Or can you not replace them after the ancient one awakens?

I honestly can't see myself playing with replacing investigators at all though. I like the idea of a final battle, but in the app you lose when all investigators are devoured or the ancient one awakens.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julia
msg tools
We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
badge
Amor, sola lex
mb
Every time an investigator is devoured, a doom token is added to the doom track. Also, investigatorts dying during final battle add a doom token, but are not replaced, and they must still advance the clock as if they were still alive.

I'd suggest to give the rulebook a second, quick read to fix all the differences between the cardboard and the digital version of the game: there are a few, and significant.

This said, the core game is rather easy, and some players enjoy as houserule to not replace devoured-before-final-battle investigators
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glen Rudis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mb
Scarlet Witch wrote:
Every time an investigator is devoured, a doom token is added to the doom track. Also, investigatorts dying during final battle add a doom token, but are not replaced, and they must still advance the clock as if they were still alive.

I'd suggest to give the rulebook a second, quick read to fix all the differences between the cardboard and the digital version of the game: there are a few, and significant.

This said, the core game is rather easy, and some players enjoy as houserule to not replaced devoured-before-final-battle investigators

I understood the rulebook, just missed the one line on the last page.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.