Mare Nostrum: Empires» Forums » General

Subject: Wrong number of Ressource tokens rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, whats up with this. In the base game, there are exactly the right number of ressource tokens for every good (assuming every carawan + market is built) +1 each for Hanging Gardens. The notable exception are Gold (not coins) and Gladiator tokens.

There are 7 gold tokens, with only 2 spots on the map and 11 gladiator tokens, with 6 spots on the map. As the rulebook lists the included, incorrect, number, this must have been spotted. Very weird decision not to fix this. Luckily, they picked the ressource which is most plentiful to screw it up, so I think it is rather unlikely that there will be a shortage.

still, one would have thought that they have had enough time to proof everything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
You can take my game… when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the board!
mbmbmbmbmb
This has been discussed in several threads. In the FAQ thread, the French publisher says the map is correct:
Re: Mare Nostrum Empires Core Game and Atlas Expansion FAQ

Still, seems to be a likely mistake in resource count. Though the extra gold is handy for the 2 player version where I believe you can save extra gold. So maybe that was actually on purpose.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the link. Didn't read the mega faq thread. There are two extra gold in the Atlas expansion for Midas, so there's a total of 4 extra. Looks like they did it twice then. But well, better than 4 extra gladiators and no extra gold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Throknor
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicholas M wrote:
Thanks for the link. Didn't read the mega faq thread. There are two extra gold in the Atlas expansion for Midas, so there's a total of 4 extra. Looks like they did it twice then. But well, better than 4 extra gladiators and no extra gold.

Keep in mind they already paid for the cutter; may as well print something in those two spots. In could be argued they could have left them blank on one side so they could easily used as replacements, but gold seems the simplest to not worry about for pre-game counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not saying that they shouldn't have printed anything. I'm saying it would have made more sense to print the proper ressources instead of wrong ressources.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paweł Bedz
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
soosy wrote:

Still, seems to be a likely mistake in resource count. Though the extra gold is handy for the 2 player version where I believe you can save extra gold. So maybe that was actually on purpose.

You can keep up to 2 coins and 2 gold after build phase. But you have to spend that gold for barbarian movement (in upcoming move&battle phase). It is unlikely that someone will hoard gold for future turns, since it can nt be used for anything else beside barbarian move/attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.