The Hotness
Games|People|Company
The Hotness has gone cold...
Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Heimdall's watch + Heimdall's eye played together... is possible? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Maurizio Moretti
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night during a play a player would play Heimsdall's watch (discard all battle cards) plus Heimdall's eye as part of the same "combat round".

As Heimdall's watch write that, after discarding cards, all players play a new card, someone can play Heimdall's eye before it happens (and gain the battle immediately?

shake
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Jeffreys
New Zealand
Christchurch
Canterbury
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If Heimdall’s Watch is played in a Combat (And no one else plays Thor’s Primacy), then all revealed cards are discarded, and each player must select another card.

The battle result will not be checked until after everyone has played another battle card.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flavio Santos
Brazil
Brasilia
Distrito Federal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be clear. No, you can't play Watch + another card.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Flaviorbs wrote:
Just to be clear. No, you can't play Watch + another card.


The reason for this being that revealed Battle Cards are resolved immediately when revealed. Some effects may trigger later if they depend on winning or losing the Battle, but the cards themselves are considered resolved at the time of reveal.

This means that the discard happens before you can add any other cards on top.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Moretti
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Many thanks, exactly what I think (and what we made).

Maurizio
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matheus Affonso
Brazil
Porto Alegre
RS
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kurtzelda wrote:
Last night during a play a player would play Heimsdall's watch (discard all battle cards) plus Heimdall's eye as part of the same "combat round".

As Heimdall's watch write that, after discarding cards, all players play a new card, someone can play Heimdall's eye before it happens (and gain the battle immediately?

shake


I'm sorry. One thing I don't understand is, why exactly would that even make sense?

Seriously. I would love to read the reasoning behind the "disregard half of the card's effect" part.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mdaffonso wrote:
kurtzelda wrote:
Last night during a play a player would play Heimsdall's watch (discard all battle cards) plus Heimdall's eye as part of the same "combat round".

As Heimdall's watch write that, after discarding cards, all players play a new card, someone can play Heimdall's eye before it happens (and gain the battle immediately?

shake


I'm sorry. One thing I don't understand is, why exactly would that even make sense?

Seriously. I would love to read the reasoning behind the "disregard half of the card's effect" part.


I just assumed he meant gain the +STR immediately to boost the Glory gained for Heimdall's Watch. But now that I read it again, I agree with you that it sounds pretty odd
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurizio Moretti
Italy
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was clear for me: just read all card text before.
But that player would play the card with +STR as an adding card AFTER discarding and gain the glory but BEFORE other players could play NORMAL battle card.
Reading the text of the +STR card I had just a little doubt.
Thx for support.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.