Mansions of Madness: Second Edition» Forums » General

Subject: Oddities on save game restore. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie D
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
I've been playing the escape from Innsmouth scenario with a couple of friends, and because we only have a few hours each week we needed to save the game.

I needed to rebuild my machine, as I was getting a warning that my harddrive may fail, so I used the utilities posted here to backup the save game.

I rebuilt my machine, reinstalled MoM, had the upgrade today, and used the restore script. Everything was fine with the tiles, the mobs, the search tokens etc - but the investigators were all wrong. We decided to continue, assigning ourselves the investigator that most closely resembled the one that we had in our save envelope.

I've looked at the .reg file, and all the saves have consistent entires in the "PREF_KEY_INVESTIGATORS_h3121930773" yet we had different characters.

Has anyone else noted anything similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You could start a new game with the same investigators and examine the .reg file to see if the entries match.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie D
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
It's interesting - I have 3 save games from this scenario, one from our first attempt at the "Escape from Innsmouth" (we failed), and two from our second attempt (we're going to fail...) and in all three, the registry string Pref_key etc, is exactly the same, even though we chose very different investigators on the second attempt.

Odd.

Since I have it saved, I'm going to run through the first scenario as a solo game sometime soon, so I'll check the registry entry for that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
With the new update on Wednesday evening, people with saved games prior to the update were having trouble resuming them.

Patch 1.1.1 just came out today, which has (from what I can tell) reverted this issue. Make sure you have the most recent update and try again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Tuijp
Netherlands
Volendam
Noord-Holland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BreadRising wrote:
With the new update on Wednesday evening, people with saved games prior to the update were having trouble resuming them.

Patch 1.1.1 just came out today, which has (from what I can tell) reverted this issue. Make sure you have the most recent update and try again!

Not sure that will solve OP's problem but it's certainly worth a try.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.