Popular Tags: [View All]
Jamie Pollock
Scotland
Edinburgh
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, found this place in the UK:

SomethingGeeky

Anyone heard of it and can vouch for it?

Or, is there a better place (in the UK)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul B
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I'm from the states and ordered a mat from something geeky. It was not that exact mat but something similar. I have been very happy with the result, I wish it was made of material more like a mousepad rather than the thinner material it is made of. However, I still recommend it as I haven't had a single issue with it and the image quality is great!

EDIT: This was the mat I purchased.
http://somethinggeeky.com/space-gaming-mats/starbirthgamingm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
for less than that price I ended up with 2 of the FFG star fields, they are great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul B
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
Some of us do not want to put two mats together. As I do not play x-wing I wanted a mat that was the entire size of Armada's playing field. Depending on the prices in the UK, this may be cheaper than two FFG mats as well. They MSRP here in the States for $40, making it 80$ for two plus tax. My total at something geeky was around 60 for everything I believe at that time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Schneeky wrote:
Some of us do not want to put two mats together. As I do not play x-wing I wanted a mat that was the entire size of Armada's playing field. Depending on the prices in the UK, this may be cheaper than two FFG mats as well. They MSRP here in the States for $40, making it 80$ for two plus tax. My total at something geeky was around 60 for everything I believe at that time.

A lot of the 2nd market mats are just vinyl or plastic mats though, you can get those done up large in print shops yourself as well. Just need the image, cheaper.

I don't play x-wing either, they are still rock solid (and don't get over huge).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.