Subject: Post First Play Questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christian Wakeman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
+1 Turn Tokens
1. Can +1 turn tokens be used i) only within turn order or ii) out of turn order? Situation: 3 players A, B, and C; player B has one (1) +1 turn token; round starts with player A. (Per option i) must the players play A, B, C, A, B, C, and then (optional) B OR (per option ii) could player B insert as needed; e.g. A, B, B, C, A, B, C.

Fire and Corruption Checks - Burst Result
2. We were confused how fire and corruption checks are affected by burst dice. My tentative understanding is:
For Fire: Any Hit (Fist) dice is a wound. Burst/Hit die counts as a wound and rolls another dice.

For Corruption: Only Corruption (Tentacle) dice cause corruption. Burst/Hit die DO NOT add to corruption but DO roll another dice.

Monster Type Clarification
3. For the first scenario Haven in Flames, first mission Monstrous Threat, the requirement to kill # of monsters of any type was unclear. Is it all of one kind from any type (e.g. all abominations) or # of monsters regardless of type?

(It was argued that if the former it should say "of any one/single type" and if the later it should simply say "Kill # of monsters" without any indication of type needed as its irrelevant.)

Mission Summoning
4a. Same scenario, at the initiation of the last missions, are the Avatar (and potentially Controller) summoned: a) immediately or b) during the next summon phase?

4b. When summoned do they both count against the # of monsters capable of being summoned each turn or is their summoning in addition to that?

4c. If one is killed, but not the other, the killed monster can be re-summoned, correct?

4d. What happens in the (potentially rare) event that mission-critical monsters cannot be summoned due to lack of available nest spots?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Haney
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CWakeman wrote:
+1 Turn Tokens
1. Can +1 turn tokens be used i) only within turn order or ii) out of turn order? Situation: 3 players A, B, and C; player B has one (1) +1 turn token; round starts with player A. (Per option i) must the players play A, B, C, A, B, C, and then (optional) B OR (per option ii) could player B insert as needed; e.g. A, B, B, C, A, B, C.

Option i is correct, however if player B had multiple tokens he could use them one after the other if all other players were out of turns.

2. We were confused how fire and corruption checks are affected by burst dice. My tentative understanding is:
For Fire: Any Hit (Fist) dice is a wound. Burst/Hit die counts as a wound and rolls another dice.

For Corruption: Only Corruption (Tentacle) dice cause corruption. Burst/Hit die DO NOT add to corruption but DO roll another dice.

you are correct on both.

Monster Type Clarification
3. For the first scenario Haven in Flames, first mission Monstrous Threat, the requirement to kill # of monsters of any type was unclear. Is it all of one kind from any type (e.g. all abominations) or # of monsters regardless of type?

(It was argued that if the former it should say "of any one/single type" and if the later it should simply say "Kill # of monsters" without any indication of type needed as its irrelevant.)

it's any monster regardless of type. i.e. 4 FAITH players, 4 of any monster.

Mission Summoning
4a. Same scenario, at the initiation of the last missions, are the Avatar (and potentially Controller) summoned: a) immediately or b) during the next summon phase?

4b. When summoned do they both count against the # of monsters capable of being summoned each turn or is their summoning in addition to that?

4c. If one is killed, but not the other, the killed monster can be re-summoned, correct?

4d. What happens in the (potentially rare) event that mission-critical monsters cannot be summoned due to lack of available nest spots?

I don't have the mission card handy so I cant confirm these, sorry!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CK Lai
Malaysia
Subang Jaya
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CWakeman wrote:
Mission Summoning

4a. Immediately

4b. In addition (since it happens outside the normal summoning action.)

4c. Yes. They are all Monsters (exception: Hell Club member summoned by cards have specific instructions, sometimes).

4d. Final rulebook pg. 16: "If all Nest tokens are blocked by Monsters, the figure is placed in any Nest token."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Wakeman
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Poot and Chinkster, thanks for the quick replies and clarifications!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
CWakeman wrote:
+1 Turn Tokens

My understanding is that the tokens just allow you to get an extra action at some point: either in that same round or a future round. Because of this they still follow turn order per se, but it could end up where you have like 2 tokens, or were the last player, and everyone was out of actions and so you would have the opportunity to have gone twice in a row.

You have it right for fire and corruption.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.