Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I could use some advice; on page 8, describing the ability to "take 1 or 2 Actions per turn" may a player take more than 2 Actions per generation, or up to (and no more than) 2 Actions per Generation? (The confusion is if "turn" = "Generation" or multiple turn (rounds) per Generation.

Let's say all 5 players take 2 Actions in each of their turns. No one has yet passed, so are turns continued until all 5 players pass?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Turns" continue until all people have 'passed.' Once a person passes, they may take no more actions on their turn. Thus, there may be multiple turns during a Generation in which you may take 1 or 2 turns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Meyer
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A Generation is basically just a ROUND

During the Generation/Round:

Each player may take 1 or 2 actions. This cycles around the table, allowing each player essentially as many actions as a they would like to take, but performed in clusters of 1 or two actions at a time. As players exhaust their resources, they will eventually be unable or unwilling to make further plays and will have to pass. Players who have passed may no longer take actions that round/generation. Once all players have passed, you exit the action phase, do your bookkeeping/resource phase, and then begin a new round/generation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Calcagno
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Frank (I like your name...)
I'm waiting for my game to come next week, and stuck reading the PDF rule book, salivating over each page.....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Love Nilsson
Sweden
Trelleborg
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmb
Frank Hamrick wrote:
Thus, there may be multiple turns during a Generation in which you may take 1 or 2 turns actions.

Fixed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Brown
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
Can I assume that if all OTHER players have passed that I may take multiple turns until I pass? In other words, all players can eventually take as many turns as they want in a generation until they pass?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Stückl
Germany
flag msg tools
mb
Roguester wrote:
Can I assume that if all OTHER players have passed that I may take multiple turns until I pass? In other words, all players can eventually take as many turns as they want in a generation until they pass?

Yes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enoch Fryxelius
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Bastinator1 wrote:
Roguester wrote:

Yes.

This question has been answered in several threads now:

The turn goes around the table (meaning around, and around, and around), until everyone has passed (meaning that if everyone has not passed, then the round isn't over yet). As long as you do at least 1 action, it will be your turn again after the other players have performed their turns. If all the other players have passed, you can continue to perform as many turns as you like until you pass too. The total number of actions per generation is unlimited.

We had no idea that so many people could mis-interpret this important rule! We have tried to make this clearer in the reprint.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Brost
Canada
Chilliwack
BC
flag msg tools
mb
I have the reprint and it is not clearer. Played our first game, a 3player and a solo before figuring it out. It should read groups of 1-2 actions per player clockwise from start player continuing until all players have passed that generation. If only 1 player remains they may continue taking unlimited actions before passing and thus ending the round or generation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
more ON
msg tools
mb
Edward33 wrote:
I have the reprint and it is not clearer. Played our first game, a 3player and a solo before figuring it out. It should read groups of 1-2 actions per player clockwise from start player continuing until all players have passed that generation. If only 1 player remains they may continue taking unlimited actions before passing and thus ending the round or generation.

Adding in the part about "if only 1 player ..." is completely unnecessary. It isn't an exception, it's not different. Adding "extra" rules that are already included just unnecessarily complicates them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.